Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Homelink

S VIN S1049, X Resv S744
    Quote Originally Posted by PRJIM View Post
    I finally got it to work by purchasing a Liftmaster remote control from Home Depot. I paired this controller with my garage door and had the Model S learn from the Liftmaster opener. My Model S does not seem to like Chamberlain remote transmitters.
    That's rather odd, considering Chamberlain makes LiftMasters too, and their 3-button remotes are identical (at least mine are -- the Security+ 315 MHz openers are, except the brand name silk-screening). The model S learned my Chamberlain and LiftMaster remotes without a problem.

PRJIM, what Model S code version do you have? We have the latest (as of Sunday, 12/9) and homelink was dead simple. I left the car in the garage and just followed the instructions on the screen. Worked like a charm on our Chamberlain LiftMaster.
    Twilight Blue Roadster 2.5 - #1098 / Grey Model S Performance - #1459

Quote Originally Posted by strider View Post
    PRJIM, what Model S code version do you have? We have the latest (as of Sunday, 12/9) and homelink was dead simple. I left the car in the garage and just followed the instructions on the screen. Worked like a charm on our Chamberlain LiftMaster.
    v4 The Chamberlain branded remote can be operated via dip switches or rolling codes. The new Liftmaster remote control did not have these dip switches. My guess is that the Model S does not like older style remotes?

Sometimes there is a learn button on the opener itself that must be pressed first and gives you time to get down off he step ladder to program. Also in Canada there are different instructions for Homelink. My Lexus came with a separate sheet for Canada. Also if he garage door seems to burn out try unplugging for a few minutes and let the motor protection reset. It's there to save the motor when setting up your garage opener with all the opening and closing. Hope this helps at least a few of your problems.

Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Is there any age limit to one's garage door opener that may make it incompatible with home link?

Sent via Tapatalk...cool.
    Yes. Mine is an Overhead Door model from 1973. Two frequency remote ("unlock" botton and then an operate" button). Called Homelink -- not compatible. Will need to install a new controller if I want Homelink.

Feature enhancement for Homelink: I wish we could specify the distance (radius?) away from the garage door that the button appears. The button for my garage, for example, only auto presents about 10' in front of the door and I have to wait or manually activate the homelink button (sigh) so I can open the door as I drive toward my house (about 100'). The homelink function works perfectly, I would just like to specify how far away the button shows up.

Having said that, Tesla is the only car that I know of that (due to its touch interface vs. hard buttons) is geo aware and presents the correct opener button when near that garage. Its a VERY cool feature that I hope will only get better in future software rev.

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Same issue here. Geo aware Homelink only activates a few feet in front of the garage door.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Texas, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13 jerry33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dsm363 View Post
    Same issue here. Geo aware Homelink only activates a few feet in front of the garage door.
    Homelink for the Prius works the same way. 10-20' is about the maximum.
    1. Do not copy anything that I post outside of the TMC forum without permission.
    2. Any advice or opinions posted here are to be taken as my personal opinions only. There is no implied warranty, fitness for purpose, or official statements from any company I may have been or am affiliated with.
    3. Even the best recommendations are wrong when used inappropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry33 View Post
    Homelink for the Prius works the same way. 10-20' is about the maximum.
    To be clear, Homelink works for me from 75' or more away no problem. My BMW had roughly the same range, perhaps a bit more. My request is for the button to present when xx feet away from door so I can touch it and open. Now to open far enough away I need to touch 'H' then touch the door.

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pilotSteve View Post
    To be clear, Homelink works for me from 75' or more away no problem. My BMW had roughly the same range, perhaps a bit more. My request is for the button to present when xx feet away from door so I can touch it and open. Now to open far enough away I need to touch 'H' then touch the door.
    Same here. The range is really good but icon doesn't turn green and auto present the button until 10 feet.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Texas, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Thread Information