Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Chelsea's opinion

Chelsea's opinion

Quote Originally Posted by vfx View Post
    Teslas Big Win Proves EVs Are Ready for Primetime | Autopia | Wired.com

Chelsea's quote is a bit negative.
    “[The Model S is a] huge accomplishment from a brand new company in the big picture of the industry,” says Chelsea Sexton of the Lightning Rod Foundation. “It’s also an expensive car and an infant program, so it will undoubtedly have early technical issues and things that wouldn’t necessarily apply to other contenders – which makes the ‘engineering excellence’ and ‘value’ categories somewhat debatable.”
    She's probably just "managing expectations"...
    Buying an EV is one thing, being able to drive it beyond city limits another...

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
    She's probably just "managing expectations"...
    And she's plain wrong on a number of comments. She should know better.

Model Sig 304, VIN 542 Arnold Panz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by artsci View Post
    And she's plain wrong on a number of comments. She should know better.
    Didn't her husband get sacked by Tesla for being a mole and talking to the guy who did the bricking story on the Roadster? That's a conflict of interest that could account for her relative negativity specific to Tesla.

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Panz View Post
    Didn't her husband get sacked by Tesla for being a mole and talking to the guy who did the bricking story on the Roadster? That's a conflict of interest that could account for her relative negativity specific to Tesla.
    She definitely has reasons not to be impartial so the Wired.com should have put the comments in context or she should have disclosed that (maybe she did).
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Texas, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Didn't her husband get sacked by Tesla for being a mole ...
    That was an ill-intended rumor spread by the guys associated with the bricking story. Retelling it this way just gives credibility to these <chose term here>

Chelsea dismissed it immediately. But surely she has emotions on that Tesla Motors company.

Whatever the reasons Chelsea has had a history of taking a negative slant with Tesla.

Model Sig 304, VIN 542 Arnold Panz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VolkerP View Post
    That was an ill-intended rumor spread by the guys associated with the bricking story. Retelling it this way just gives credibility to these <chose term here>

Chelsea dismissed it immediately. But surely she has emotions on that Tesla Motors company.
    I certainly don't mean to spread false rumors. Is it true that her husband used to work for Tesla and no longer does? Even that seems relevant to the (lack of) impartiality of her providing a quote on Tesla in an article like this.

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Is it true that her husband used to work for Tesla and no longer does? Even that seems relevant to the (lack of) impartiality of her providing a quote on Tesla in an article like this.
    That is true. I think the circumstances around it aren't totally known though or they're not able to say. Either way, things aren't great between her and Tesla I'd imagine so hardly an impartial person to quote for an article like this without providing the backstory. I'm not saying she isn't a good person to go to about EV issues of course just that regarding Tesla, that backstory should probably be mentioned.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Texas, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

I agree with what Chelsea says. But it's applicable to EVERY new car! Not only Tesla! How many cars are recalled every year? Many!!!!!!!
    Remember Mercedes electronic problems, remember VW chains breaking, toyota brakes, Ford sending usb-sticks for electronic updates...........
    BUT tesla has two advantages : less parts & remote updates

Quote Originally Posted by jcstp View Post
    I agree with what Chelsea says. But it's applicable to EVERY new car!
    Yes, I think that was the implicit meaning: To rephrase the situation as if it was rather ordinary. She wants to portray it as a minor event "in the big picture of the industry". (In some rather illogical or backwards-logical way.)
    Buying an EV is one thing, being able to drive it beyond city limits another...

Thread Information