Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cars.com Model S review

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The guy seemed distraught over lack of cup holders. Wouldn't bother me any. No drinks are ever allowed in my car, except on occasion a bottle of water. I certainly wouldn't allow kids to carry drinks in a $100,000 car, which would most likely be sitting in the back seat anyway.. so yeah.. Lack of cupholders back there doesn't bother me a bit. However, I do suspect it will bother some people and how much extra could it really cost to incorporate those into the vehicle?

The lack of cup holders is just one aspect of my only real complaint about the Model S: The center console. I would like something with far more storage, longer armrests, front cup holders further forward, and some rear cup holders. I know they built it to show off the flat floor, but it's too spartan for a luxury sedan.

Wow. That's the dirtiest Tesla S I have seen on a review yet: bugs crawling on the outside, along with leaves or dirt, plus what looked like fertilizer pellets in the rear storage. I think the reason he heard a lot of rumbling from the road was he kept driving with his left wheels on the median stripe, hitting those botts dots things.
As a father with children, I am very glad there are no cup holders in back. For all the other parents buying this car, my suggestion is to get each child a road trip satchel. Also, rather than packing snacks for the kids, pack a family snack in the forward storage capacity and prepare your Supercharger stops accordingly:
"Dad, I'm hungry, when do we stop?"
"The supercharger is only 75 miles away, the car says we should be there in [ ] minutes. I will leave the navigation screen up so you can watch."

I can hardly wait for my first road trip stop at a supercharger, to meet some of you.