Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Wagon?

Model S "Touring"

• Excellent idea, would take it over Model S!

Votes: 112 50.5%
  • Great idea for a lot of buyers, but would still buy the sedan

Votes: 74 33.3%
  • Not a good idea.

Votes: 36 16.2%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Someone posted this station wagon render on Tesla's fb. It would sell like crazy in Europe :smile:

Tesla Model ST Theophilus Chin

I'm not so sure. The people that buy wagons here also want hitches on them. >90% of Passat wagons are sold with the hitch option while the percentage is much lower for the sedan version. A wagon version with no hitch would probably sell a lot less than the hatchback, especially since the hatchback already have more luggage space than all competitors.

Found this photoshop on google - thoughts anyone?
I think it would make a great car... personally find it more attractive, and is definitely more practical than Model S with additional headroom, cargo room and roof rails. Anyone else feel the same, and would you buy it?

Model S Wagon front.jpg

Model S Wagon back.jpg

The US wagon market is as soft as the US condominium market...

We don't buy wagons here. Europe is another story.

I see this coming to life as the X not as a wagon. If this does happen, I see it as years and years down the road.

Someone posted this station wagon render on Tesla's fb. It would sell like crazy in Europe :smile:

Tesla Model ST Theophilus Chin

You're right, I bet it would. Remember of the 5-series, A6 and E-class, about 50% (of some models even more) of the sales are wagons.
And at least here, far less than 90% of those have tow hitches. Perhaps that is more common in Scandinavia.

I never thought I would say that, but the wagon rendering of the S imho looks far better than the sedan version (as is often the case).
But retractable roof handles? I don't see that coming as it is neither necessary nor technically very feasible. After all, it would have to go somewhere, and that somewhere would surely mean less headroom, which apparently is a no-go, as we have seen.

And about Americans not buying wagons anymore, I think that is going to change again. Hell, even Caddy makes a wagon again ;-)

Last edited: