Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk on CNBC @ 1130a 2012.11.13

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CNBC has been all over the post-storm power issues recently and it was interesting that they tried to dovetail that into the interview with Elon, something along the lines of "Sure, a lot of places have been without power as well as gasoline after the storm, but do you think people have got fed up with waiting in line for gas?" ... Elon sort of missed the point of the question, but he interpreted it as a question about the environment, i.e. "do you think the storm was caused by global warming/CO2/etc"... He gave a great answer to *that* question, saying that we should just get off oil asap and not do a "big experiment" of putting all the CO2 [back] into the atmosphere.

Regarding the original CNBC question: Having experienced some outages here in NJ I'm not sure that the storm did much to sell EVs to consumers, except maybe in cases where you can use the car as a backup battery.

P.S. Anyone else who watches CNBC all day (I have no choice, at work)... I hoped the interview might be done by Brian Sullivan who seems to be a particularly strong critic of EVs - he currently co-hosts "Street Signs" with Amanda Drury - Elon might have put him in his place. But Elon looked pretty wasted so that could have gone badly.

Last edited: