Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Audio: Slacker Radio - Premium or Basic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Evidently I had the basic version of slacker radio. Model S says not compatible with Basic service slacker. Do I have to upgrade to full service?

They should have given you the login info on delivery but I'm not sure which version of Slacker radio that is. Are you able to log in at all or it just tells you that an upgrade to full service is needed?

You are correct that Sigs get a year of slacker at no cost (they provide login details, or contact them if they didn't). I had previously logged into Slacker using my (basic) account details. I noticed that I had to log OUT and then log IN to get "upgraded". Also I've noticed that playlists and such don't update... I suspect that if I logged out/in it would update. Clearly a bit buggy. That said Slacker is AWESOME!

Found this

Mobile Bitrate Quality: Both on the desktop and mobile sides of things, Slacker has the lowest quality audio if you look at purely bitrate. For mobile users, Slacker uses what they call 40kbps AAC Pro V2. In comparison listening, we noticed that the sound quality was not bad, but we did notice a slight difference between Slacker and the other music services. We're not sure we would have noticed if we hadn't really been listening for it, but there was definitely a difference. For most users on the go, this will not be a real world problem.

My DS showed me where the UI was but was very explicit (when I asked) that the password associated with the account he already set up cannot be released to customers. In other words, if you change your login/password combo to something else Tesla will have to change it back for you if you change your mind.

My DS showed me where the UI was but was very explicit (when I asked) that the password associated with the account he already set up cannot be released to customers. In other words, if you change your login/password combo to something else Tesla will have to change it back for you if you change your mind.
Apparently he reads the forums...

My DS informed me via email that he originally misspoke. I have the password for my login in that email. :)

updating this thread. Any R or P sequence folks manage to get onto Slacker in their S? I created an online account today assuming that's what I'd need to login to the Tesla, but it won't work at all. Is that something my DES is supposed to give me (I meet with him tomorrow)?

updating this thread. Any R or P sequence folks manage to get onto Slacker in their S? I created an online account today assuming that's what I'd need to login to the Tesla, but it won't work at all. Is that something my DES is supposed to give me (I meet with him tomorrow)?

Your DS has to set up the account and provide you with the info .... email him if you can as a reminder. When they set mine up, I got an email and went out to the car - somehow the account info was already added by the DS.