Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Audio: Slacker Radio - Premium or Basic

I was told that Signatures should have arrived with Slacker installed, but mine didn't have it. I contacted my "remote" DS (don't have them in Texas). She said they currently have a shortage of codes to give out, but they would try to help me out.
    Tesla Model S owner since December 4, 2012
    VIN 992
    Signature Red | Performance | White Leather | Carbon Fiber | Panoramic Roof | 21" Wheels

Good news. I'm told that all general production cars will receive a 3 month trial of slacker possibly and it will be pushed directly to the car! .

Not sure when, but it is in the works.
    P427 Performance White/Tan

Model S P85 - VIN#2589
    Quote Originally Posted by contaygious View Post
    Good news. I'm told that all general production cars will receive a 3 month trial of slacker possibly and it will be pushed directly to the car! .

Not sure when, but it is in the works.
    i wonder if this will also be the approach to the unannounced connectivity options. A free 3 month window to get us all hooked. Honestly I'm more interested in LTE support. I'm sure the data plans will end up being expensive given the partner options Tesla has. At least if LTE is in the cars the map tiles will be quick to load.

While on the topic of map tiles I also have vector based tiles on my wish list.

8Dec2012 / Leeroy Jenkins sublimaze1's Avatar
    Granted, I am a "P", but it seems like (at this point) I have missed the boat - that is - some people have been lucky enough to get free slacker plus for a year, and some haven't. My DS stated that he could not arrange that for me. <saddened>

However, I have a 64GB micro SD full of just about everything - so let me try to go through that first (he he he), and then I will consider other avenues. My Pandora works fine, although I will have to deal with it being streamed from my phone.

The slacker quality is slightly worse than my USB and about on par with Bluetooth songs. I'd much rather listen to USB if I have the songs, but slacker is great to search for things.
    P427 Performance White/Tan

I'm confused and a bit frustrated by Tesla's integration and lack of integration of Slacker. It's taken me a LOT of time but what I think I've discovered is that Slacker Premium does NOT work in the Tesla. If you have your own PREMIUM account, it will behave as a PLUS account which means you can't play songs more than once and you can't go directly to many songs. Although there is a "rewind" button in the UI, it is always greyed out as that would be a Premium function and none of those work. Not sure why it's there. I have also been told that Tesla will be sending out 3 month free trials (of Plus) over the air. But this is a $12 perk. I'd rather the subscription that I've already paid for not be disabled. I never had a Slacker subscription before this month and was hesitant. Now I think it's the coolest thing in the world and think it's worth 3x the price. I just wish Tesla wasn't somehow standing in the way of it working correctly! Using it via computer, or IOS device is amazing. Over the Tesla... not nearly as cool.

Quote Originally Posted by sublimaze1 View Post
    My Pandora works fine, although I will have to deal with it being streamed from my phone.
    Can you explain how Pandora works with the Model S. When I test drove the car with my iPhone, I was not able to get Pandora to work with the 17 inch screen center stack.

Quote Originally Posted by montgom626 View Post
    Can you explain how Pandora works with the Model S. When I test drove the car with my iPhone, I was not able to get Pandora to work with the 17 inch screen center stack.
    If you sync your iPhone and select it as a media source, then you can play any audio from your phone over the speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by AnOutsider View Post
    If you sync your iPhone and select it as a media source, then you can play any audio from your phone over the speakers.
    Very good to know. The sales folks in Oakbrook did not know that. I look forward to going back and trying it out!

Quote Originally Posted by sublimaze1 View Post
    Granted, I am a "P", but it seems like (at this point) I have missed the boat - that is - some people have been lucky enough to get free slacker plus for a year, and some haven't. My DS stated that he could not arrange that for me. <saddened>

However, I have a 64GB micro SD full of just about everything - so let me try to go through that first (he he he), and then I will consider other avenues. My Pandora works fine, although I will have to deal with it being streamed from my phone.
    But the 64GB micro SD is, what, in a USB stick? If so, you can only listen to music sequentially, with no "shuffle", correct?

Thread Information