Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Skokie Run

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took a test drive out of the Skokie store tonight. I wanted to test drive the Model S at night time; I was hoping the rain would continue, but it dried up before I got there. Roads were dry.

Couple of changes in the store.

The Signature Red floor model is gone. On display is a Pearl White P85 with black leather and obeche gloss. I have attached a few pictures. Nothing really new, but for those who are looking for black leather and gloss obeche, maybe the photos will help. The VIN was 5YJSA1DP8CFP01233

obeche10.jpg
obeche11.jpg

There's a black Roadster in the store. I've never seen one before, and I can now see why Roadster owners love 'em. 5YJRE1A15A1000775.

roadster.jpg
roadster2.jpg

The test drive model is a Brown P85 with tan leather and gloss obeche. I was pleasantly surprised to see that it had the 19 inch wheels, and frankly, they looked pretty good. I was glad to finally see them after all these 21 inch wheels out and about. I took one photo, but since it was at night, the photo pretty much blows. I attached it anyway. Didn't catch the VIN.

borwn-19.jpg

Driving it at night was fun. The Xenon lights really amazed me; I've never driven a car with one. The cabin ambient lighting was nice in the dark, and the adjustments I could make to the center console really made it something that wasn't distracting when driving. I could not figure out (if it is possible) to separately control the brightness of the dash and the console. If one can't, I wish they'd change that at some point.

Driving was a blast.

Latest firmware was installed. Played around with the "profiles" a bit. Loved the incremental change in volume for the stereo. Comfortable ride.

Tried out my kid's booster seat in the floor model. There was some concern in another threat about booster seats fitting. This one had no problem fitting. (I figured that if I could belt my fat ass in the seat, a child's booster seat shouldn't be a problem!)

booster1.jpg
booster2.jpg

Sorry about the white balance...crappy cell phone. Can't wait to get my finalize email...

Last edited: