Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BigFoot monster truck goes electric

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmm... I think some monster truck fans will be disappointed in that.
It would be one of the few places I think burning noxious gas, loud noises, spitting flames and such is actually a bit appropriate...

Interesting that they decided to do that, but making the car crushing more quiet and less raucous seems a bit anti-climatic.

I think this is just great! To have an electric in one of the bastions of engine land will show what it can do. Just so it does not go over like the "historic screening" section of Big Wednesday I had a few ideas.

Mic the electric motor and play it back though the PA system. Just a bit.
Come up with events that favor electric's,
A flag drop tug-of-war.
A drag race.
A steep climb.
Spin the tires burnout.

My friend Stephen wrote so details.:
I know the guy who provided much help with the electric stuff for this
Monster Truck. Dennis Berube from AZ. The Bigfoot #20 is all electric
and uses just a single large 13" series wound brushed DC motor and a
2,000 amp Zilla Controller, like I and others use in our drag racing
conversions! It also is sponsored by Hawker/Odysee so its using a high
voltage pack of powerful AGM lead-acid batteries.

[In the videos] you see it fishtailng under the extreme torque of the electric
powertrain! Apparently the power actually surprised the Bigfoot team
and they're upgrading some of the driveline components before they
really push it!

I think this has the opportunity to really turn a lot of heads and get
some of the hardcore big-block monster truck folks to think!

I believe this could really turn some heads if they start racing it!

[In the] photos and you can see a
custom painted and fitted 2,000 amp Zilla controller and a bunch of
Hawker Lead-acid batteries!

There is no bigger name in Monster trucks. That they have done an electric is a validation of the powertrain. I hope they keep it competitive.

Hmm... I think some monster truck fans will be disappointed in that.
It would be one of the few places I think burning noxious gas, loud noises, spitting flames and such is actually a bit appropriate...

Interesting that they decided to do that, but making the car crushing more quiet and less raucous seems a bit anti-climatic.

I remember going to a monster truck show when I was about 6. It was awesome, until the trucks started driving. Then it was too loud. Despite earplugs we left after about 30 minutes. I think secretly my dad was crushed. I do remember thinking it was cool afterwards, but during I hated all the noise.

I remember going to a monster truck show when I was about 6. It was awesome, until the trucks started driving. Then it was too loud. Despite earplugs we left after about 30 minutes. I think secretly my dad was crushed. I do remember thinking it was cool afterwards, but during I hated all the noise.

Maybe they have an "intermission" where the monster truck show goes all electric so people like you can arrive late at 8 PM for the quiet power time and then leave early.