Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Texas Model S Reservation Holders - PLEASE READ

Quote Originally Posted by pete8314 View Post
    . Of course, I'd have to eventually register it in Texas, so I'm not sure how that would work.
    You'd make up the difference to our current tax level.

Quote Originally Posted by pete8314 View Post
    I'm not Texan, but I live here, and I've had several people around me say they're "Texan first, American second". Welcome to Texas
    While "we're" off-topic bashing Texas for the decisions of some of the decisions of its politicians (hm, should we apply the same to America generally?)...
    Name:  Solutions.png
Views: 497
Size:  135.1 KB
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13 jerry33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wycolo View Post
    If that's all Texas has (requiring 3rd party deliverers) then they got nothin!! Actually, hasn't TM been using 3rd party deliverers quite a bit lately? So really, no biggie.
    The problem for some folks is that they have to come up with the more-or-less $8,000 sales tax independently of the loan. If the tax amount is in the MVPA then it goes in the loan. (Assuming you're getting an auto loan from a bank or other financial institution and not just taking it out of petty cash--I know there are some here who think that amount is pocket change
    1. Do not copy anything that I post outside of the TMC forum without permission.
    2. Any advice or opinions posted here are to be taken as my personal opinions only. There is no implied warranty, fitness for purpose, or official statements from any company I may have been or am affiliated with.
    3. Even the best recommendations are wrong when used inappropriately.

Ah, the great land of narrow-minded thinkers......this sucks. Sorry to all that are going through this, but hopefully something good will come out of it and help those in the years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by ggies07 View Post
    Ah, the great land of narrow-minded thinkers......this sucks. Sorry to all that are going through this, but hopefully something good will come out of it and help those in the years to come.
    +1. I consider this to be growing pains. I'm not happy about experiencing it from the first hand perspective. But - again - just hanging in there. Waiting for my vehicle.

WJ. P188. McKinney, Texas.
    Last edited by sublimaze1; 2012-11-12 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brianman View Post
    Name:  Solutions.png
Views: 497
Size:  135.1 KB

Good one. Here's another:

Name:  08FTexaspostcard2.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  115.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by smorgasbord View Post
    Good one. Here's another:

Name:  08FTexaspostcard2.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  115.9 KB
    I live in Texas. This is fairly accurate.

For those bashing Governor Perry, it might be worth mentioning that he came to Ft.Worth (my city) a couple of years ago and gave a speech in full support of electric vehicles and installation of EV charging stations.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardlebee View Post
    I live in Texas. This is fairly accurate.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Update on the DS issue:

As I had mentioned in the first post of this thread, Texas no longer allows DS personnel to be present during delivery. This is an interpretation of the Texas law, such that, if you have a DS here, that constitutes the continuation, or completion of a sale. Such sales are not legal in Texas, as it is not via a dealership.

Gigamags had his Sig delivered to Plano, Texas yesterday and had no DS. In fact, it is my understanding that his DS experience may be only a phone call and a verbal walkthrough of the vehicle. This is somewhat sad for me, as I would certainly feel much better having the personal walkthrough for my vehicle.

So, those of us in Texas who are awaiting a vehicle, I guess it will be backed off a truck and you will be asked for your autograph. That will be all.

<sigh>

WJ
    McKinney, Texas

Thread Information