Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Motor Trend Car of the Year 2013

Did not like how they said lets start from the Top and the mentioned the BMW first and then ended the "top 3" discussion with the Model S. Hopefully they were saving the best for last

Quote Originally Posted by blakegallagher View Post
    Did not like how they said lets start from the Top and the mentioned the BMW first.
    Alpha?

Quote Originally Posted by blakegallagher View Post
    Did not like how they said lets start from the Top and the mentioned the BMW first and then ended the "top 3" discussion with the Model S. Hopefully they were saving the best for last
    Quote Originally Posted by vfx View Post
    Alpha?
    Alpha is my guess!

Think with dispassion; Speak with equanimity; Act in calm.
    Moderator - Southeast, Future Cars, TMC Connect
    Do not use this material outside of Tesla Motors Club without attribution and permission.

Blog Entries
    One thing is for sure: GM and Ford had employees in the room as "guests." The one guy starts ranting about the Model S body and the other guy shuts him down. I don't truly care about what Motor Trend says about Tesla Motors on its own, but I care about what what Motor Trend says about the Model S that says something about Motor Trend. I've been around the other EV's for a while, I have a friend with a Nissan Leaf, and while I can say "yes, these are electric cars" or PHEV's or whatever the Volt is, Tesla Model S is such a paradigm shift that the industry magazines aren't going to define its success, the Model S is going to define them.
    There are still more than 10,000 people who are waiting for this car, with at least $5000 down, and over 2000 equivalent reservations for the Model X. That's the market talking about a new manufacturer with a "new" technology. That's market trends being established. if Motor Trend doesn't truly get this trend and celebrate it with an award, if there's a BMW or Chevrolet out there that they believe is better, then that's Motor Trend's trend. After today, we will know whether to call it Motor Trend or ICE Trend. Kim Reynolds is the only person at Motor Trend I have noticed who is writing about Tesla Motors. The question answered today is whether Kim is the only person talking about Tesla Motors at Motor Trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Vexar View Post
    After today, we will know whether to call it Motor Trend or ICE Trend. Kim Reynolds is the only person at Motor Trend I have noticed who is writing about Tesla Motors. The question answered today is whether Kim is the only person talking about Tesla Motors at Motor Trend.
    To be fair, they did award the Chevy Volt car of the year for 2011. I believe it was a well deserved award too.

It would also be prudent to review prior COTYs in today's eyes - e.g. Mustang II and Chevy Corvair. Even if not fully recognized today, I believe that the Model S is on the right side of history.

So do we know yet? Anyone have an MT subscription with digital access? I'm a C&D guy myself and can't justify multiple subscriptions.
    Twilight Blue Roadster 2.5 - #1098 / Grey Model S Performance - #1459

Sig X#1100 and X#1618 Discoducky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by strider View Post
    So do we know yet? Anyone have an MT subscription with digital access? I'm a C&D guy myself and can't justify multiple subscriptions.
    Today at 3:30 PST / 6:30 EST

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by adric22 View Post
    To be fair, they did award the Chevy Volt car of the year for 2011. I believe it was a well deserved award too.
    Adric,
    Thanks for sharing that. I've not really been following auto awards until this year. Kudos to Motor Trend for recognizing the Chevrolet Volt, it is an impressive step, for Detroit.

CDN P#40
    Last edited by agileone; 2012-11-12 at 04:43 PM. Reason: typo

Thread Information