Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Short Hills, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Welcome and thanks for posting about the second store in NJ...remarkably close for you! If you have the chance, please collect some pics and configuration info on the test drive car so others can know what they are lining up for.:smile:

I went to the location at the Short Hills mall and it was very crowded. My test drive is next Saturday which is killing me to wait. Seeing the car in person I can only say holy smokes, it is well beyond my expectation.

There were to Model S cars--one signature in white and one performance in black. The latter was the test drive car from Paramus NJ and it is outfitted nearly identically to my preferred configuration.

The black is a performance and the white is a signature I believe the representative said

a4ybagaj.jpg

y7uzyqe7.jpg

esybe4y4.jpg

u9ana6ej.jpg

3a4y4e2u.jpg

3uqaheju.jpg

ehe6e7uv.jpg

ahy2amy2.jpg

ezamu3ez.jpg

Google maps and NFL.com. Just like at home.

sebube9y.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I live on Long Island but spend 3 days in NJ about 5 miles from the Short Hills Tesla store at the mall. They don't have chargers yet as the town is giving them the runaround. No ETA last time I spoke to them. My B and B installed a NEMA 14-50 so I'm happy no matter what!

Just wanted to leave a thanks to John Stuckey of the Short Hills store who gave up his Saturday morning to bring a Model S out to the Rutgers Day event in Piscataway. It was fantastic to have manufacturer support and to be able to direct interested people over to a real-live Model S.

I felt sorry for John though, he spend at least 30 minutes trying to leave but with a constant stream of interest, questions and people getting in/out of the car the poor guy was stuck... whilst we did nothing to help :)

Thanks again John and all TM at Short Hills!

IMG_2185.JPG

I just happened to talk to Short Hills today, and asked them about charging, they said they have a couple of 14-50s and one HPWC. I'll verify in person tomorrow and if all checks out well add them onto plugshare.

Peter

I live on Long Island but spend 3 days in NJ about 5 miles from the Short Hills Tesla store at the mall. They don't have chargers yet as the town is giving them the runaround. No ETA last time I spoke to them. My B and B installed a NEMA 14-50 so I'm happy no matter what!

All,

Fully Verified, Two 14-50's (201V at 40A) and one Model S HPC. The S HPC is limited at 72A (195V). Staff was great as expected and there are lots of nice seating areas in the mall to drink a coffee and get some work done at.

Peter

I went to charge up my Roadster at the mall and the 14-50 outlet could not be used as the plastic housing around the outlet was too narrow for the charger to plug in! I spoke to one of the salespeople at the store and I'm sure that they will fix it. Needless to say I was disappointed having only 19 miles left on my battery......

Call the Tesla Store beforehand to make the HPWC be available when you arrive like i did tonite when I charged at 9pm.
Thanks for the responses. I am driving from Boston area. I cant wait until NJ gets a few superchargers.

- - - Updated - - -

THanks. DO you happen to know any hotels with EV charging? I only found one on plugshare, Debary Inn which is a B&B.
No, they are open 24/7 though if someone has a test drive vehical on the HPWC you won't be able to snag it at 2am, and you would then have to jump on the 14-50 (been there, done that).

Peter

Thanks for the responses. I am driving from Boston area. I cant wait until NJ gets a few superchargers.

- - - Updated - - -

THanks. DO you happen to know any hotels with EV charging? I only found one on plugshare, Debary Inn which is a B&B.

Where are you headed to? I don't know of any, but if I was coming south from Boston, I would just charge up on the North bound side of Darien at the Superchargers and not worry about local chargers at a hotel other than say a 120V outlet.

Peter