Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any monthly parking garages w\ charge ports in NYC for your model S?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm trying to plan out where I'm going to park and charge my model S in NYC. I work around 59th & lexington and I'm wondering if there are any parking garages in NYC with free charge ports (ideally just paying for the monthly parking, not monthly parking + per-minute or per-hour fees).

Does anyone know of any? Are they self-parking? Would you self park your model S in NYC or do you trust parking attendants enough to leave your model S parking in their hands? Help! lol

(note: I realize I'm getting the 85 kWh battery and I totally don't even need to charge it as I could probably get there and back twiceover, I just figured if I'm going to suck a few dollars in electricity I might as well do it on their $ and not mine lol

Check out:

327 E 64th St
New York, NY 10065

(212) 486-5916

There appears to be a free ChargePoint charger there (30A J1772).
Thanks, that is exactly what I was talking about. I appreciate it! Just planning ahead ... unfortunately I am #13,306 so I still have some time lol, however at least their call was very positive yesterday and next month they will be producing at 400/week (20,000) so if they stay true to those numbers, perhaps I will get mine sooner than August. It sounds like they are just going to double-shift in order to double their rate. Whatever it takes! I am so excited but bummed that I have to wait so long!

Check out:

327 E 64th St
New York, NY 10065

(212) 486-5916

There appears to be a free ChargePoint charger there (30A J1772).

Robert.Boston - how did you locate that one so easily? I work at 43rd and 3rd, and would be looking for something a little further downtown. Is there an app? There is a garage literally underneath my office, but the guy at the desk barely spoke English (he spoke Portuguese, so my barely conversational Spanish and Hebrew served me very poorly...) and all I managed was to confuse the hell out of him.

thanks for the rapid reply!

I am only going to drive in a few times a month, tops, so that isn't too bad. Actually it is a nice cross town walk!

My train station doesn't have a charger (some do) but does have Wifi. I figure I'll take full advantage when I need to do an update. Park it, and then let it instal while I'm at work.

I may even talk to my current garage in NYC or to chargepoint to see if they would be interested in installing a charger there. I think if they are in a high traffic area (I'm park right by the Lincoln Tunnel entrance) they may be willing to go for it! Although, the truth of the matter is that I likely won't need to charge at the garage very often since the Model S has plenty of range for me (70 miles round trip) :)

wow, parking rates in NYC!!

110 E 58th St
ADDRESS:110 E 58th St, Manhattan, NY 10022 Entrance:58th St btwn Lexington Ave & Park Ave (South Side) Phone:(800) 836-6666 Hours:Monday to Friday 6am to 12 Midnight / Saturday & Sunday 7am to 12 Midnight
Rates updated as of October 2011 and subject to change.
Non-coupon rates include 18.375 tax

Posted Rates

type

rate

1 Hour

$35.10

2 Hours

$45.00

10 Hours

$50.00

24 Hours

$60.00

Early Bird Enter 6am to 8am Max 10 hours

$30.10

Weekend (Saturday-Sunday) Enter anytime Exit by 12:00am

$20.00

SUV, Oversize additional

$15.00

Standard rates include tax

Yep, welcome to the big city. When I first moved to NYC from Ohio, I naturally assumed I'd have a car. It would have cost me more than my monthly income just to park the car at work. There's a reason that more than half of all commutes in NYC are by public transport.

Re charging at garages: when it's included free, why not? My office garage has 10 free ChargePoints, so I'm going to see how life runs without having charging at my house (which doesn't have a garage).

FYI...Be careful counting on the ChargePoint chargers remaining free. My uncle owns a Volt and used to charge at his garage in midtown Manhattan for free. Without warning, they began charging $3 an hour for charging. Now, if you park your own car you would notice that it was no longer free, but since his garage was not self park, the parking attendants were the ones who plugged in the car and waved his ChargePoint fob...they did not know the system well enough to realize that something was different and he would be charged. He didn't know until he got a bill at the end of the month :(