Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Model C Concept Design Study

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Interesting.
Tesla-C-Concept-6%u002525255B2%25255D.jpg

Tesla-C-Concept-5%u002525255B2%25255D.jpg

I kinda like it. The front end is improved IMO, but loose the chrome trim that resembles a grill, and make is sleek like the rear. I am concerned about some of the angles that might be subject to damage. It's innovative, like I think Tesla needs to be. I like the doors, and the wide low stance. Not sure how practical the rear shelf is. Give it 300 miles of EPA driving range, and a 5 star safety rating and it will sell!!

+++++ Very bada$$, and likely to remain so by the time it can be produced. Give it 400 mile range, at least as top option, and I'd sell the Roadster & the S. This has everything Uncle John needs. :biggrin:
--

Looks vaguely like a cross between a Juke and CRZ. The Juke i think is one of the most horrendously looking cars around and yet I really enjoy the squat look of the CRZ. I feel this split when I look at this car. That's the point of car designers though, pushing the envelope of style and functionality.

Looks vaguely like a cross between a Juke and CRZ. The Juke i think is one of the most horrendously looking cars around and yet I really enjoy the squat look of the CRZ. I feel this split when I look at this car. That's the point of car designers though, pushing the envelope of style and functionality.

It looks like a European "Hot Hatch". Given Tesla off-the-line electric torque I think it would be a hit here.

Maybe in the long run when Tesla is able to get prices down to the 20K level they will be able to sell a sub-compact in the US, but I'm not sure. This segment is dominated by low range, low performance, budget "city cars", which is not the market Tesla is after. In the meantime the Gen 3 car is going to be a lot bigger than this concept (the model S is over 16', the BMW 3 series they're targeting with their next car is over 15' and this concept looks to be maybe 12' long).

I think it's pretty cool. Totally out of my need being a family man with young kids. Due to the size, i'm not sure if they could squeeze in 300-400 mile range worth of batteries in it unless battery tech takes a serious jump, but none the less. I love the doors! Similar space saving and ease of ingress as the falcon wings, but only let in the same amount of rain/snow as a traditional door (I am so worried about the falcon doors in this aspect). I think Franz should really give that door design a thorough look-over.

But, i completely agree with Gregincal. This (well, not THIS specifically, but a sub-compact) would be something offered after GenIII, maybe even 2 generations after.

length of this car 152". seems to have a long wheelbase for a short car, about 105" my guess. add 12" to the rear overhang for more interior room and including the frunk that would make alot of car in a small package 160".