Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bob Lutz on the Future

Has anyone given Bob a drive in the Model S?

I can't help but think he is quietly grateful he got out just in time.

Blog Entries
    Based on my experience that he will go out of his way to not be in the vicinity of any electric car (other than the Volt), I suspect he wouldn't be willing to go for a drive in an S. At the Seattle event in September, he made sure that there was no photo op other than in front of the Volt and the Via. I was pretty disappointed in him for a number of reasons.
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Quote Originally Posted by bonnie1194 View Post
    Based on my experience that he will go out of his way to not be in the vicinity of any electric car (other than the Volt), I suspect he wouldn't be willing to go for a drive in an S. At the Seattle event in September, he made sure that there was no photo op other than in front of the Volt and the Via. I was pretty disappointed in him for a number of reasons.
    There may be more to this than a personal decision on his part, Bonnie.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

I figured as much Bonnie. But they have ways of making things happen.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brianman View Post
    There may be more to this than a personal decision on his part, Bonnie.
    Quote Originally Posted by vfx View Post
    I figured as much Bonnie. But they have ways of making things happen.
    Sometimes there is no mystery and things are exactly as they seem. I also heard him talk about how there is no global warming. Pretty sure there were no puppet masters behind the curtain on that one.

I could go on.
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

I meant specifically regarding the "no compromising pictures" thing.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

A man of his position might have a Tesla close transported to an away from it all road/track for a drive. To your point we would not likely hear his reaction to the S on TV soon.

Blog Entries
    The phrase 'cold day in hell' comes to mind.

S60 P12635
    There is a nice video of an interview with Bob and Elon by Charlie Rose (if my memory serves me right) where he has nothing but praise for the Model S and expresses his opinion that it will be a success. Elon responds with a surprised "really?".

So I think some of the comments here, particularly from Bonnie, are without basis or merit.

Thread Information