Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hanover NH charging station?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey NE... I'm planning a drive from Boston to Hanover NH. I've searched and searched, but I can't seem to find any sort of charging station in Hanover. It seems crazy to me that there is no where with a 220/30amp plug. Anyone more local know of a place to fill up?

Remember that almost all camp grounds have 14-50s for RV power and all that I have requested to charge at have been thoroughly excited to see an electric car charge at their park that they refuse payment!

Have a great trip!

I have had the same problem planning a drive from NY to Hanover. Seems incredible but VT/NH seem largely devoid of chargers. I did ask the Hanover Inn to look into charging infrastructure for guests but no action yet.

I did do the drive, using my ICE car. What I discovered is that the Hanover Inn does have a 110 volt plug that would have returned enough charge to allow me to get from Boston to Hanover, and back... if I could charge for around 7-10 hours (overnight+). They're quite happy for people to use the plug, you just have to ask. Also, there are a number of public charging stations closer to boston, on the border that I could have stopped at.

I have had the same problem planning a drive from NY to Hanover. Seems incredible but VT/NH seem largely devoid of chargers. I did ask the Hanover Inn to look into charging infrastructure for guests but no action yet.

I was skiing at Bretton Woods last week and noticed that there are no chargers in NH north of Concord. I want to suggest to Omni that they install them at the ski area and the nearby Mt. Washington Hotel. I haven't used chargers yet (just finalized my order and was told Feb/Mar delivery) so am unfamiliar with the process. Is there a supplier or website anyone would recommend I point the hotel to?

Enadler,
Couple of quick thoughts on tripping NYC to NH:
You will need to charge on the way, or drive very, very conservatively.
Would be ideal if you could stay at a place where you can fully recharge, so along the way you only need to charge for say 50 miles range.

If you or any Tesla owner would benefit from a 40A NEMA 14-50 between Sunapee and Hanover, NH, off route 89, let me know.

Happy travels.

- - - Updated - - -

The test car is green. It is definitely a dark green. Nice with a beige interior.

Dgmanny - welcome. We are neighbors. Send me a message if you'd like to see Blue. Hope the decision is going well. So many great colors...

...If you or any Tesla owner would benefit from a 40A NEMA 14-50 between Sunapee and Hanover, NH, off route 89, let me know.

That would have been a big help to me today. Especially if it was closer to Sunapee than Hanover. Coming home from my mother-in-law's funeral outside of Boston I would normally have had plenty of range for the 185 mi trip (including a 20 mi side trip). Today was different and thankfully I anticipated and prepared for it.

There are several things that will lower your range such as cold (dense) air, rain, heat/defrost, etc. But wet snow can sometimes cut your mileage by as much as half. From about Concord to Lebanon there was a thin layer of very wet slippery snow. Power usage increased from 259 Wh/mi Boston to Concord at mostly 65mph, up to 362 Wh/mi Concord to Lebanon averaging only 45mph! I was also using wipers, lights, defrost and occasional A/C to clear the glass. This was in my Roadster.

Fortunately I anticipated this and stopped to charge in Concord despite having what should have been plenty of range. But Concord only has 30A 207v which took almost 1.5 hrs to add 30 miles. A NEMA 14-50 in Sunapee would have been much faster plus I could have waited to make the decision whether to charge or not based on what conditions I encountered. I wouldn't use it very often but today it would have been really nice!

From Concord to Lebanon I saw four vehicles off the road including a jackknifed tractor trailer near Grantham that was blocking 1.5 travel lanes.

I pretty regularly drive from Marlborough, MA to Brandon, VT up I-93 then I-89. I'm almost positive there's a charging station in Lebanon, NH off exit 20, in the parking lot behind the Chili's. It's not listed on Charge Point or any other EV charging sites I've found, but I can see what very much looks like a charging station back there, and tons of Chili's in the area (and 99's) have charger stations in their parking lots.

I'm not going to be driving by there for a couple more weeks (around when my car arrives!)... is anyone else in the area able to do a drive-by to check it out? It's back behind the Chili's building in a parking lot for whatever store that is behind it to the right. I can see it from the on-ramp when I'm taking it after picking up food there.

Wow I didn't know about that! I'll check it out in the next day or two.

Does that mean you regularly travel over Brandon Gap? Beautiful ride any time of year. Often very challenging in the winter.

I pretty regularly drive from Marlborough, MA to Brandon, VT up I-93 then I-89. I'm almost positive there's a charging station in Lebanon, NH off exit 20, in the parking lot behind the Chili's. It's not listed on Charge Point or any other EV charging sites I've found, but I can see what very much looks like a charging station back there, and tons of Chili's in the area (and 99's) have charger stations in their parking lots.

I'm not going to be driving by there for a couple more weeks (around when my car arrives!)... is anyone else in the area able to do a drive-by to check it out? It's back behind the Chili's building in a parking lot for whatever store that is behind it to the right. I can see it from the on-ramp when I'm taking it after picking up food there.

Wow I didn't know about that! I'll check it out in the next day or two.

I was down there today and there was no charger. I drove around Chili's multiple times until people started asking me if I was lost. The store behind Chili's is Kmart and there's a good size electrical box on a short pole near the Garden Center. It's easy to see it from the on-ramp. But it's not a charging station.

We have a Chili's. A Panera. We have a 99. We have a Walgreens. We have Hanover and Dartmouth. But no charging stations. Although Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center has announced plans to install some soon, they will be the wimpy 30A variety.

That's probably what I was seeing. Too bad. I bet Brandon Mountain Gap would be really fun in this car, but it'll be a while until I'm familiar enough with my range to be willing to risk 200 miles along that path.

My other route option is RT-2 to MA-12 to VT-103 to VT-7. The MA-12 and VT-103 parts are probably pretty fun, plus the speed is lower pretty much the whole way and probably better for range. Plus it's 40 miles shorter to start with.

I'm picking up my car tomorrow, and I'm pretty excited to see how far I can get on one charge! Maybe I'll take the slower route next weekend.

My other route option is RT-2 to MA-12 to VT-103 to VT-7. The MA-12 and VT-103 parts are probably pretty fun, plus the speed is lower pretty much the whole way and probably better for range. Plus it's 40 miles shorter to start with.

I'm picking up my car tomorrow, and I'm pretty excited to see how far I can get on one charge! Maybe I'll take the slower route next weekend.
I'd go a little further west on Rte 2 to Rte 140 (Exit 24B) to avoid the stop/go traffic on Rte 12 in Fitchburg. That connects up to Rte 12 in Winchendon. Rte 140 is a beautifully paved, open road that will almost certainly give you better Wh/mile.

You have some place to plug in in Brandon, yes?

That's probably what I was seeing. Too bad. I bet Brandon Mountain Gap would be really fun in this car, but it'll be a while until I'm familiar enough with my range to be willing to risk 200 miles along that path.

You could easily make it with your second choice: Rt-2 ending on VT 103 and Rt 7. Beautiful drive that will be! I think you could also make I-89 then over Brandon Mtn but I would get used to the car first. I've driven Brandon gap a couple times in my Roadster - talk about fun! I've also done VT 103 top to bottom. You will find you get better than ideal range on these roads if it's not too cold.

If you or any Tesla owner would benefit from a 40A NEMA 14-50 between Sunapee and Hanover, NH, off route 89, let me know.

S1079, several times a year I drive to a small lake near between Willsboro and Keeseville, NY with a few of our kids (rarely all, due to sports and school events). At 226 miles to the Charlotte ferry and 240 miles total, it's a stretch until the West Lebanon Supercharger is up and running. May have to take you up on your offer sometime in the spring or summer...

S1079, several times a year I drive to a small lake near between Willsboro and Keeseville, NY with a few of our kids (rarely all, due to sports and school events). At 226 miles to the Charlotte ferry and 240 miles total, it's a stretch until the West Lebanon Supercharger is up and running. May have to take you up on your offer sometime in the spring or summer...

You don't want to wait for 40A. We should all chip in towards the additional cost of installing a 70/80A EVSE. What do you think MS1079?

Has there been any statement about a West Leb supercharger?