Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Electrician recommendations for Sammamish

Quote Originally Posted by ahimberg View Post
    they contacted me after I checked 'yes' to have solar city contact me with the pre-mvpa paperwork -- and they called within a day or two. I can PM you my contact at solarcity maybe that will help -- the phone number of the electrician I also have but probably too far from proper procedure
    Please do, ahimberg. Understood re: the phone number, but you could call him and ask first.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

If I asked for a NEMA 14-50 that is what I would expect to be installed. The 14-50 is a very common outlet that many makes of electric car can use, that is why I chose it.

I received a bid to install a "50A dedicated circuit NEMA 14-50" for $395 in my garage. I live in Bellevue. I am getting it installed next week. Is the 50A capacity enough? I saw some mention of 80 amps in some posts.

Blog Entries
    50A is as much as a NEMA 14-50 outlet can use (and in fact for charging, you will only pull 40A of that). You only need a higher circuit if you are going to install a Tesla charging station.

Both of our EVs have used 14-50 outlets for years. It's always been enough for us.
    Roadster #690; Model S #112; Model X Reserved Plug In America How to plan a road trip - how long will it take?

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Lau View Post
    I received a bid to install a "50A dedicated circuit NEMA 14-50" for $395 in my garage. I live in Bellevue. I am getting it installed next week. Is the 50A capacity enough? I saw some mention of 80 amps in some posts.
    I'm in Clyde Hill (P264)... would you be willing to let us know who gave you the bid or PM me?

Quote Originally Posted by badgerlake View Post
    I'm in Clyde Hill (P264)... would you be willing to let us know who gave you the bid or PM me?
    I live in Seattle and would be interested in that info, too.

Solar City electrician coming out tomorrow to install (assuming all goes well) a 6-50 and 14-50. The 6-50 being a temporary that will turn into an HPWC at some point.

My plan long-term is to throttle back the Model S to 40A whenever the 14-50 is in use in parallel.

Hopefully I'll have good news to report tomorrow night. But will likely report news either way.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis Lau View Post
    your config (in the delivery thread) doesn't have you getting twin chargers, which you would also need to take advantage of something higher. (and yeah I doubt you'd ever need it as every morning you'll be full nomatter how much you drove the day before... check out the tesla charging page for estimates on how long it takes to charge, if you think you'd ever need to regularly drive a lot, go home & charge and drive some more fairly immediately -- that's the risk)

Thanks to everyone for the info.

Here is the electrician I am using. It is Northwest Electric and Solar:
    * site: Northwest Electrician and Solar
    * phone: 206-356-0601.

I have been working with Derek White. Note that I had a coupon from Angie's List so your price may vary. Also, he has not done the work yet so I don't know his work personally but they are highly recommended at Angie's List -

Name:  NWElectricReview.png
Views: 217
Size:  36.2 KB

Francis

My electrician just finished my new NEMA 14-50.

I've used him for all my other properties electrical work. Good price, clean work. Takes pride in what he does, a rare trait among subs nowadays.

Here's a pic of my new setup.

Here's his info:
    77 Electrical
    206-599-9146

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information