Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Electrician recommendations for Sammamish

Blog Entries
    I used Hill Electric in Woodinville for both of my 14-50's. It was about $275 each time. That included breaker (the second time involved making another breaker half-size to make room), 30' of conduit (the first time), and the outlet. These were both in 2009. They were prompt, did neat work, had good recommendations online (checkbook.org), and seemed to know what they were doing.
    Last edited by ChadS; 2012-12-27 at 08:48 AM.
    Roadster #690; Model S #112; Model X Reserved Plug In America How to plan a road trip - how long will it take?

I'm going with SolarCity for a 14-50 installation in Sammamish. Was quoted $800 for the job.

If you want to use a local contractor, I've had several good experiences with Cottage Electric.

MSP#7577 **--** MX#1891 spatterso911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iridium View Post
    I'm going with SolarCity for a 14-50 installation in Sammamish. Was quoted $800 for the job.

If you want to use a local contractor, I've had several good experiences with Cottage Electric.
    If you don't mind, please share how long your run is from panel to outlet??
    http://www.teslacountdown.com/modelx...891?size=small

PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Delivered: Model S - VIN 3498: Performance, Black/Black/CF; Grey 21" rims; Pano; Tech; Sound studio; Parcel Shelf; Paint armor; Twin Chargers; HPWC;

Quote Originally Posted by spatterso911 View Post
    If you don't mind, please share how long your run is from panel to outlet??
    It is the width of a 3 car garage. The panel is on the right wall. They are running conduit across the ceiling and to the outlet on the left wall. I would guess 25-30 ft.

MSP#7577 **--** MX#1891 spatterso911's Avatar
    yikes! I have a similar situation, but a two-car garage. 30' run. Cost $900.

Don't know why there is a discrepancy.
    http://www.teslacountdown.com/modelx...891?size=small

PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Delivered: Model S - VIN 3498: Performance, Black/Black/CF; Grey 21" rims; Pano; Tech; Sound studio; Parcel Shelf; Paint armor; Twin Chargers; HPWC;

Quote Originally Posted by spatterso911 View Post
    yikes! I have a similar situation, but a two-car garage. 30' run. Cost $900.

Don't know why there is a discrepancy.
    The original SolarCity quote was $900, but they dropped it to $800 because I filled out all their forms correct on the first try. (at least, that is what they said)

Solarcity install was today, I wasn't home so I missed some of the details. For some reason they installed a NEMA 6-50 instead of 14-50 and left a note to make sure to get the 3-prong connector from Tesla as some other customers they installed in the area had gotten the wrong connector from Tesla to work with it. Not sure if they had to do the 6-50 for some reason instead of the 14-50 but not what I expected since I specifically had asked for a 14-50... but looking at the paperwork it didn't say that, it just said 50A. Guess I'll have to pay to get an extra connector now for a more likely travel/RV connector.

the location is not exactly where I would have expected it either. there area it was installed in was at a corner (outside corner), and they positioned it flush with the edge of the corner instead of in a bit (the little segment of wall between the garage doors there is a few feet wide).

And now I just need the car! (and the right adapter )

Quote Originally Posted by ahimberg View Post
    Solarcity install was today, I wasn't home so I missed some of the details. For some reason they installed a NEMA 6-50 instead of 14-50 and left a note to make sure to get the 3-prong connector from Tesla as some other customers they installed in the area had gotten the wrong connector from Tesla to work with it. Not sure if they had to do the 6-50 for some reason instead of the 14-50 but not what I expected since I specifically had asked for a 14-50... but looking at the paperwork it didn't say that, it just said 50A. Guess I'll have to pay to get an extra connector now for a more likely travel/RV connector.

the location is not exactly where I would have expected it either. there area it was installed in was at a corner (outside corner), and they positioned it flush with the edge of the corner instead of in a bit (the little segment of wall between the garage doors there is a few feet wide).

And now I just need the car! (and the right adapter )
    SolarCity did my install in Sammamish this week as well. I ended up with a 6-50 too.. not sure why. On the plus side, the Tesla site says a 6-50 is for welding equipment... that sounds way cooler than RVs and camp sites.

Quote Originally Posted by iridium View Post
    SolarCity did my install in Sammamish this week as well. I ended up with a 6-50 too.. not sure why. On the plus side, the Tesla site says a 6-50 is for welding equipment... that sounds way cooler than RVs and camp sites.
    Wish they would reply to my email.
    What's the best way to reach them? The web site was...unsatisfying.

If it's the Portland visitor, maybe I can catch him before he leaves.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

they contacted me after I checked 'yes' to have solar city contact me with the pre-mvpa paperwork -- and they called within a day or two. I can PM you my contact at solarcity maybe that will help -- the phone number of the electrician I also have but probably too far from proper procedure

Thread Information