Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Yahoo proclaims Tesla Model S 2013 car of the year

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought the article wasn't that flattering of the S considering the award that was being bestowed on the car:

But there's a ways to go before Tesla's products become ubiquitous. For starters, Model S owners have reported a range of glitches in online forums, including door handles that freeze (they're motorized affairs that extend out when touched), wiper arms that break (they exert tremendous force on a dry windshield and can be triggered by drops of sap), and a range of software glitches (perhaps to be expected given that the car is genuinely a computer on wheels). When Yahoo! Autos' editorial director Greg Anderson first received the Model S test car, it refused to drive for no particular reason -- then suddenly sprung to life. He also reported that the driver's door required a slam to shut properly, and the massive panorama sunroof made a grinding noise while closing.

The manner in how they reported these isolated issues implied to this reader the S is not ready for prime time and struck me as more FUD. The article left me uncertain about the car, certainly not a car worthy of the distinction of Car of the Year.