Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Inspection Request

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, PDude, saw this late and hopefully you've got it en route using Plycar or another enclosed carrier. Congrats!

How did you come to connect on this car across country with all the roadsters in Cali?

Sorry, PDude, saw this late and hopefully you've got it en route using Plycar or another enclosed carrier. Congrats!

How did you come to connect on this car across country with all the roadsters in Cali?

No problem and thanks! I went with Safe Car Direct. They had great reviews and their office is near me. The reason I bought #107 was price. A car sold for $57,500 back in March before I was ready to buy, I had just started doing my research. When I was finally prepared to make the purchase, I didn't want to pay more than that $57,500. A couple of cars had sold for 60K but I never got a shot at them. The reason that I haven't bought in the past was that I just wouldn't let myself spend that much money on a car. I've wanted one from the day I first read about them, and finally the day has come! I'm on top of the world!!! I got the car for $57,450. I was prepared to pay $57,499.99, and not a penny more.:biggrin: I think the wait has paid off but I didn't want to wait too long, we DO only live once, you know. Another reason I bought this car is that it was one of the colors I really wanted. It is costing me about $1800 to ship the car, but I was going to have to do the same with the previous one, so the cost was about the same for both cars. The difference was waiting eight long months to finally get one. The car should be here in about a week but the wait is killing me!:biggrin:

Very cool - probably seeing the most price pressure right now, which I'm guessing will let up in about a 1 year (I hope!). Good to see some love for the Racing Green, which seems to go overlooked at times. I think #105 in Racing Green was in the greater SF area at ~$62k a while back, but i guess you held the line on that one!:wink:

I was looking almost in the same zip code of $$$ a year ago but decided to climb the ladder considerably to get my car sooner back in Feb., no regrets despite the bigger dive!:biggrin: Color was very important for me as well... the wait for shipping is always killer after you pull the trigger. Congrats!

[ " I think #105 in Racing Green was in the greater SF area at ~$62k a while back, but i guess you held the line on that one!:wink: "

You're probably right about that car. I think it had been listed on cars.com at 64K and for some reason I hadn't inquired about it. I saw the price drop to 62K and decided to call, (with all my questions well prepared on paper).:biggrin: I went back to the listing and it was gone! Damn! so I figured someone probably snapped it up for that price or something close to it. Regarding prices, I was thinking if they dropped five thousand dollars in the next year, so what? It's worth it to me to have the car now, no more waiting! Yahoo!!! And anyway, the chances are I'll keep it forever. It is an awesome car now and I'm sure it will be a classic!

that's a great price and the car is close to me. I wish I was more educated at the time. I'd have some interest in a roadster.

Besides this for sale section, I watched the ebay and cars.com sites, (every day!). :biggrin: I found it interesting that the two best prices I found were on the east coast. I wonder if that has to do with most of the east coast people not driving their cars during the winter where as the California folks do? I do suspect you will see more and more roadsters available at better prices as some will sell theirs to make room for the new Model S. As others have mentioned, it looks like it will be a buyers market for awhile.

Good luck!

I found it interesting that the two best prices I found were on the east coast. I wonder if that has to do with most of the east coast people not driving their cars during the winter where as the California folks do?

I has the opposite price experience before buying (e.g., #105 in CA):confused:, but have kept watching and tend to focus to post in those sweet spots (best prices and/or east coast). Having had my car almost a year in the northeast, winter is not an issue per se - I just avoid snow and salt since I kept my Prius for >50% driving, bad weather, etc. But I prefer driving and charging the Roadster in colder weather vs. super hot...

- - - Updated - - -
that's a great price and the car is close to me. I wish I was more educated at the time. I'd have some interest in a roadster

PDude did about as well as you can do on price... the "floor" is usually low-mid $60k's from what I've seen. If it's less about the money, I'd recommend snagging one on the $60-70k range and start enjoying it. ($50k's start to approach non-EV Lotus prices at similar low mileage, but that underweights an awful lot of things...).

#473 is one of the lower ones, and is in Georgia... can always try to connect to make an offer if the number doesn't work.

Good luck!

Last edited: