Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Purchase intent for 19" turbine wheels

Intent to purchase Wolfrace 19" GB Lugano Turbine Wheels

• Will definitely buy the Sterling Silver version

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Will definitely buy the Black Polished version

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Interested in these wheels but can't commit to purchase

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • Not interested

Votes: 12 25.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As we now have a source for 19" turbine wheels and I'm dealing with the maker, Wolfrace, in the UK, I'm trying to determine how many current and future Model S owners would actually buy these wheels once Wolfrace exports them to the US. See this thread for background information: Would you buy 19 inch turbine wheels?.

The Wolfrace GB Lugano 8.5 X 19 wheels are offered in the two color options below. They are available in a configuration that will fit the Model S: a 5 x 120 bolt pattern, a center bore that with a centering ring will enable them to be accurately and solidly mounted, and offset of 43mm that can be adjusted to the Model S 40mm offset with a 3mm spacer. Both the centering ring and spacer for fitment to the Model S will be supplied with the wheels. The wheels are made in Europe, and the sterling silver has a German TUV (technical safety test and approval) with a 5 year warranty, and the black/polished has a German TUV with a 3 year warranty.

Cost of the wheels at current exchange rates (not including shipping to the US) is $242 each for the Sterling Silver color and $258 each for the black polished.

Based on the linked thread/poll on 19" wheels it would appear that there would be demand for about 80 sets of these wheels. But I think the previous poll only gauges interest. To give Wolfrace more reliable numbers I've added a new poll here to gauge actual intent to purchase. I know such polls are not completely reliable but its the best we can do at this stage. When you vote, make your decision on the basis of purchase intent now (if you've already received delivery) or after you receive delivery.

The are two color options for these wheels. Here are photos as well as links to the GB Lugano wheel pages on the Wolfrace web site:

Sterling silver color: Wolfrace Wheels - Wolfrace GBLugano - sterling silver

gb_luganoss_large.jpg

Black polished: Wolfrace Wheels - Wolfrace GBLugano - black/ polished

gb_lugano_large.jpg

Last edited:
Those are fantastic, though unfortunate that they require a centering ring and spacer. I would likely get a set of these, provided Tesla didn't offer a custom-fit version in the meantime. As I am getting stock 19s already, I would probably wait to purchase a second set when my initial tires need replacing, and then consider using the stock 19s for winter tires.

For a perfect-fit set, I would change my order to a Perf now, and get the 19" turbines with winter or all-seasons for non-summer use.

I wont be taking delivery for a while so I'm not voting as per instructions. I DO want and WILL purchase 19" turbine wheels. Are these the same wheels NJS1207 was researching and has on his S already? I know nothing about all the technical stuff and just want to be sure the choice is 100% safe.

OK so ARE these the same wheels that NJS has?

My point is that there are NO 'wheel solutions' yet other than Tesla OEM 19in rims. Maybe that dealer guy who measured the ModelS can have Chinese rims made to exact OEM specs. But rim casters need at least 3 mo lead time. For now the question remains: Show me an aftermarket solution that is not clueless. :wink:
--

My point is that there are NO 'wheel solutions' yet other than Tesla OEM 19in rims. Maybe that dealer guy who measured the ModelS can have Chinese rims made to exact OEM specs. But rim casters need at least 3 mo lead time. For now the question remains: Show me an aftermarket solution that is not clueless. :wink:
--

OK, I apologize for being slow but. You posted just a link to the thread to make that clear to me? I don't understand?

OK so ARE these the same wheels that NJS has?

Artsci will have to confirm, but I am almost certain that the Wolfrace and Rial Lugano wheels are the same.

- - - Updated - - -

--

I have been in contact with two separate dealers who said they could source custom turbine style wheels that match the offset, center bore, and other specs of the OEM wheels. Presumably they could also design them to accept the OEM lug nuts as well. I did not love the designs, so I did not pursue those options. But if you are interested I will pass on pictures and contact info.

@artsi
You said:
"The Wolfrace GB Lugano 8.5 X 19 wheels are offered in the two color options below. They are available in a configuration that will fit the Model S: a 5 x 120 bolt pattern, a center bore that with a centering ring will enable them to be accurately and solidly mounted, and offset of 43mm that can be adjusted to the Model S 40mm offset with a 3mm spacer."

Wouldn't the 3mm spacer change the offset to 46mm, that is how I understand this drawing Wheel Tech - Offset

--

Wycolo, the rims of Lorinser are exactly the same! (Lorinser works very close together, or is part of, the Daimler group)
Wheelcompany.nl | LORINSER velgen | RS8 | Wheelcompany.nl, exclusieve wielen en velgen