Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Hey thanks, TMC members!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bonnie

I play a nice person on twitter.
Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
I first found TMC when I couldn't figure out how to pair my phone to the Roadster's Alpine unit (there was a magic dance involved). TMC members told me how to do it. Everytime I've had a question, someone on TMC has been able to answer it. Today I received the '12V battery service required' message and found out, courtesy of TMC members, that if I opened the charge port door, the power came off the main and I could easily unlock my door. (Tesla wil come out and swap out the 12v this week, so no issue there.)

This forum has become an insanely valuable resource for me and other EV owners. (The use of 'insanely' was purposeful. :) ). So thanks.

How about you?

While I don't even own my Tesla yet, I have also gleaned an extraordinary amount of information from TMC, to prepare me for my EV ownership experience.

I must say, however, that the most valuable input I have gained is from the Roadster owners like you, Bonnie. You always project Zen-like patience in responses that say "Have faith, Tesla will do us right", in the face of every challenging situation, however large or small. And you have been right, time after time.

This lesson is one we should all take to heart, if we haven't already. I do fear that this trend of "do every customer right" will be most difficult to scale from 3000 owners to 30,000 or 300,000 owners, but I will give Tesla the benefit of the doubt in recognizing that this may be the most important secret to their success.

:) Thanks. It's easy to project that Zen-like patience when you have personal experience with customer service, Tesla-style. I think so many of us are used to companies that don't do right by their customers, that we naturally go to the 'what are they trying to pull?' interpretation. So I get why so many people are wary & distrustful.

You'll all be reassuring the next new wave of TMC forum members, waiting on their first Tesla.

While I don't even own my Tesla yet, I have also gleaned an extraordinary amount of information from TMC, to prepare me for my EV ownership experience.

I must say, however, that the most valuable input I have gained is from the Roadster owners like you, Bonnie. You always project Zen-like patience in responses that say "Have faith, Tesla will do us right", in the face of every challenging situation, however large or small. And you have been right, time after time.

This lesson is one we should all take to heart, if we haven't already...

Hear, hear, to that!

Bonnie, I've learned more than a thing or two about the company and the car, but more importantly about the future, about industries... an associate (if you will) degree crammed into several months. Okay, that part might be a stretch, but tons of reading, reflecting, researching sometimes... and interjecting every now and then.

I'm continually impressed by the breadth of experience, expertise, and intelligence of the members on this forum and the quality of information that gets shared.
Electrical stuff? electricians and engineers like FlasherZ weigh in with real info
Energy policy? Robert.Boston works for a utility I think
Data analytics? timdorr and bmek track data and crank out great charts
Legal stuff? Arnold Panz and others weigh in
Software? tons of experts
Production? discoducky among others
Fisker's insurance claims? ipdamages actually works in this very field
And then there's TEG....

Just great stuff! Thanks to all

I found this place at the same time I put down my S deposit. (almost)No need for the actual Tesla site!
I think Bonnie was the first member that I 'knew' and recognized at City Beach / the Ride event + test drive event too! (sorry I never actually said hi! just smiled)

Sweet place,here

( I am keeping pretty detailed logs of my S travels and trips that I will keep updated in 'my' thread or somewhere else.)

.oh, and Thanks to all the people making this place work!

Last edited:
From the investment side of things, this forum is unequalled in speed and quality of news, rumors, and analysis. Anyone out there that is trading TSLA without reading this forum is at a tremendous disadvantage.

You've all helped me make a lot of money the past two years, and embarrass a couple bears while doing it, so I add my thanks.

This forum, like Tesla's vehicles and Tesla themselves, is not perfect...but when you consider why Tesla and their cars are here, and why we're here, is one helleva big ol' dammed improvement to the alternative...

Thanks to most all of the folks who post and moderate here for the forum member's benefit...and thanks to TMC for their vision and their products...simply unparalleled and outstanding!!!

Was very happy to find TMC after spending time on the TM forum as that forum is very limited in it's discourse. I've met some amazing people and had a great time at TESLIVE which is all due to TMC....And not to mention the amazing investment discussion!

Not only have I found this site incredibly valuable for information and assistance, it was also the only way I survived that wait for my car after confirming. It's also one of the few places where my enthusiasm and passion for my car don't seem as obsessive.

Oh, and it has saved me from embarrassment on a few occasions. Like before I went to the service center to have them "fix" my auto tilt mirrors, checked here first and discovered how to set them.

We must have lost a few. I see 9997.

Need new glasses? ;-)

Untitled.jpg