Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Possible air suspension height settings issue

Quote Originally Posted by NigelM View Post
    55mph.
    That makes sense. I didn't make it to 55mph on that outing. Thanks.
    Signature 909

Quote Originally Posted by v12 to 12v View Post
    I got the air suspension figured out.

My car was delivered last week and this is how it works with the latest updates:

If you put your car in the Very High Setting and leave it there, it will stay in that position until you select another height - or- until you reach 10mph.
    At 10 miles per hour the car lowers to High.
    At 20 miles per hour it lowers to standard.
    I wasn't watching when it went to low.

It is not lowering on its own while in park or while turned off.
    Can you adjust to high or very high while moving (under 10 mph) - such as when approaching a sloped driveway or speed bump - or must you stop?

Got my car today and followed up on this.

You can change while moving.
    It will lower down on its own from very high: first to high and then to standard. it takes About 90 minutes to change all the way to standard while parked.

You can use jack mode to stop it from lowering.

Don't park over a park stop!!
    P427 Performance White/Tan

Good to know - thanks contaygious

S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13 jerry33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by contaygious View Post
    Got my car today and followed up on this.

You can change while moving.
    It will lower down on its own from very high: first to high and then to standard. it takes About 90 minutes to change all the way to standard while parked.

You can use jack mode to stop it from lowering.

Don't park over a park stop!!
    I guess we can add parking stop sensor to the RFE. This sensor would stop the automatic lowering of the suspension when parked.
    1. Do not copy anything that I post outside of the TMC forum without permission.
    2. Any advice or opinions posted here are to be taken as my personal opinions only. There is no implied warranty, fitness for purpose, or official statements from any company I may have been or am affiliated with.
    3. Even the best recommendations are wrong when used inappropriately.

R#129, TSLA shareholder
    I think I got bitten by this issue last night. I parked the car with the front lip slightly over a curb. There was no sound when I pulled in. When I left, there was a slight scraping noise. Nothing huge, but I suspect that the car did lower after I parked it.
    R129 - 85kWh White/Tan

Quote Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
    I think I got bitten by this issue last night. I parked the car with the front lip slightly over a curb. There was no sound when I pulled in. When I left, there was a slight scraping noise. Nothing huge, but I suspect that the car did lower after I parked it.
    I still feel it shouldn't do this. I've never had a car with air suspension "settle" and secondly, there is a big thread on towing where it is explained that the reason you have to flat-bed the car is because the suspension continues to "auto level" even when the car is "off".

Sorry, but I'm hyper-sensitive to this issue. My current car has a very low front air dam, and in spite of serious attention, I have managed to "bump" it on curbs a couple of times. The last thing I want is my car hitting curbs on it's own. If I park with the nose clearing the curb, I expect it to be that way when I return.

Quote Originally Posted by mknox View Post
    I still feel it shouldn't do this. I've never had a car with air suspension "settle" and secondly, there is a big thread on towing where it is explained that the reason you have to flat-bed the car is because the suspension continues to "auto level" even when the car is "off".

Sorry, but I'm hyper-sensitive to this issue. My current car has a very low front air dam, and in spite of serious attention, I have managed to "bump" it on curbs a couple of times. The last thing I want is my car hitting curbs on it's own. If I park with the nose clearing the curb, I expect it to be that way when I return.
    Simple solution. Don't order a car with air suspension.

I've been leaving my car on the settings screen when I get out. So far it has usually been lowering the car from very high to high by the morning. Sometimes it even stays in very high. I have not seen it go back to standard like the rep told me it would, but I have always been checking in the morning just in case before I leave down my curb.
    P427 Performance White/Tan

Quote Originally Posted by qwk View Post
    Simple solution. Don't order a car with air suspension.
    Good point. I had wanted the air suspension, but may want to re-think that. I have had air suspension on past cars, and when they worked, they were great. I did, however, have problems with leaks in the system that were fixed under warranty, but I always worried about a failure after my warranty ran out (never did have an out of warranty failure).

I don't believe any non-air cars have gone out yet. Is this true?

Thread Information