Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

font used for posts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dsm363

Roadster + Sig Model S
May 17, 2009
Nevada
I know this is a computer issue with my Mac OS 10.8 but somehow I did something to the fonts while trying to fix Word/Excel not launching. I bought FontDoctor hoping it was a font problem and now all the posts here are in italics. I thought it was an Arial font issue and have tried replacing that. Is there a standard font that is used for posts here? I thought that might help me figure out which font was messed up. Thanks.

I know this is a computer issue with my Mac OS 10.8 but somehow I did something to the fonts while trying to fix Word/Excel not launching. I bought FontDoctor hoping it was a font problem and now all the posts here are in italics. I thought it was an Arial font issue and have tried replacing that. Is there a standard font that is used for posts here? I thought that might help me figure out which font was messed up. Thanks.

1. I'm assuming you've already checked the browser preferences to make sure that the default font is correct.

2. Download the latest combo patch and install that. A combo patch installation will go through everything and set many things back to the way they were.

3. Did you try Pages and Numbers? Between them and NeoOffice (for the odd compatibility problem with formulas) programs from that other company have been either banished or regulated to VMWare where they do only a minimum amount of harm.

As far as I know the Forum font is Ariel.

Apple has taken away far too many things in Lion. That's why I'm still on Snow Leopard. It's just about perfect except for its annoying habit of changing the hostname and the limited number of processes you can have.

I'm a bit lost on fonts and thought I would just amend this thread.

I have my own blog, and at times I copy text from my blog or from a pages document (Mac only here).
When I do so, i do not get the default font to show up. I've tried various fonts that you have in the menu but nothing looks right. Is there something I am missing? What is the default font?

I'm a bit lost on fonts and thought I would just amend this thread.

I have my own blog, and at times I copy text from my blog or from a pages document (Mac only here).
When I do so, i do not get the default font to show up. I've tried various fonts that you have in the menu but nothing looks right. Is there something I am missing? What is the default font?

The editor has two modes. The WYSIWYG Mode (a bit of a misnomer) and the Source Mode. For most members the WYSIWYG is on by default. You can switch modes by clicking that top left [SUP]A[/SUP]/A button in the editor.

If you copy and paste something while in the WYSIWYG mode the editor attempts to maintain whatever formatting. So you may get odd looking fonts, etc. Chrome has a "Paste as plain text" option that will avoid that. There's also a "Remove Format" button on the editor (top, second from the left) that will strip special formatting from the selected text.

I hope that was easy enough to follow and addressed the issue you're having.

Last edited:
It's probably not a good idea to nitpick the Head Mod, but I have to ask...

Is the 6th letter in this acronym really what you intended?

- - - Updated - - -

If you copy and paste something while in the WYSIWIG mode the editor attempts to maintain whatever formatting. So you may get odd looking fonts, etc. Chrome has a "Paste as plain text" option that will avoid that. There's also a "Remove Format" button on the editor (top, second from the left) that will strip special formatting from the selected text.
Another approach that has worked reliably for years for me:
Paste into notepad and copy back out. ;)

Thanks. It's an annoying acronym to type so I just copy and pasted it, along with my typo, each time. I say it's a misnomer since it's not really a proper WYSIWYG; not all the BB Codes are evaluated while in the editor (e.g., the
tag).

Besides passing through Notepad, another option is to just switch to Source Mode.