Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

trouble attaching images

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[for some reason i am unable to upload files... did something change in terms of file size limits or is something broken?]
Jory, I'm seeing the same thing...Something is really broken with the upload script with the server. Only way around it I found was to upload the photo first on some other server, for me I put it up on facebook, then use the URL option of the uploader script on the TMC server and point it to the full path and name of the picture location where you put the pics on another remote server.

Last edited by a moderator:
lotus-trifuel-660.jpg

Jory, I'm seeing the same thing...Something is really broken with the upload script with the server. Only way around it I found was to upload the photo first on some other server, for me I put it up on facebook, then use the URL option of the uploader script on the TMC server and point it to the full path and name of the picture location where you put the pics on another remote server.
I can't reproduce this problem. Perhaps the photo you're trying to attach is too large? Does give you a useful error message?

Thanks Doug, unfortunately theres' no error message. On the mack I just get a red "x" next to the image I chose from the file-picker view of the server's upload GUI. I think you may be right about the image being too large since Facebook resizes the photo. The odd thing is that something must have changed in the past month, I noticed it right at the time I installed my OVMS. My upload / camera I've been using has been my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone, and before the issue came up I was successful in uploading the image snapped from the phone. Now I can't. My next upload I'll resize the image and see if it allows me to push it to the server.

I believe the Exige Doug uploaded was just a test photo for the upload issue.

I can't reproduce this problem. Perhaps the photo you're trying to attach is too large? Does give you a useful error message?