Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012/2013 Awards?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

NEWDL

R#350 R#1323, RWD LR 3, Perf3, 23 X LR (7th Tesla)
Jan 5, 2009
NE OHIO
I saw on AutoBlog Green that the finalists for 2013 Green car of the year were announced and I was extremely disappointed to not see Model S on the list. Are we aware of any awards given or potential awards in the works?

The only thing i could think of regarding that was the following comment from the article:
Specifically, GCJ's press release says, "All are affordable mass-market products that provide drivers full functionality and mainstream appeal, paving the way for making a difference in fuel use and overall emissions in daily driving."

specifically, "affordable mass-market", which is something they might have had a hard time making the argument for regarding the Model S

Last edited:
Brianman, the Model S was skipped over by MotorTrend for their COTY as they couldn't get enough judges into the car:

Model S Nominated for North American Car of the Year (2013) - Page 5
Bummer. I was talking about Motor Trend though, not NACTOY. Are they the same thing?

Also, there's still the issue that a competent content provider should be making what I was searching for (the full contender/nominee list) straightforward to find directly (via menus) or via search.

That's at least 2 strikes against Motor Trend in 2012 for me so far.

Boy, the hatred, ignorance and partisanship in the comments are so terrible that at one point the Y! Autos Staff simply went "Sigh" in their response.

Ive also read all the negativity. Its pretty unreal that so many people have a dislike for electric vehicles.

Its a great car and since tesla is a new company there are bound to be some bugs. I'm just hoping people will realize once the model S is a great car. Its one step closer to getting off oil.

Despite the horrendously ignorant and partisan commenters, the article is great press for Tesla. Having their name pop at, or near, the top of various car of the year awards is a ton of free advertising and validation of the company.

It is Yahoo .... I didn't realize Yahoo was still around :wink:
lots of ignant posers

Still, they are a voice (unfortunately). It's such a shame for most of the folks responding to the article. True - Most people can't afford THIS car (myself included). That's not really the point. If they were to take some time to review Tesla's plan, they would see they are working their way down the price scale. Roadster = 100k+ Model S = Ranges between 57k to 100k Model X (yet to be priced, but assumptions are S-like) GenIII - This is where we get down further into the 30k range. Continue moving down from there. No one has ever claimed this (the S) to be the "everyday person's" car. What they need to see is the plan and the vision, what they have accomplished, are accomplishing now, and are movig towards in the very near future, and that is performance that rivals the best, styling that rivals the best, and range that well exceeds the current offerings.

Ahhhhh, common sense... it's a b@#$h aint it? ;)

What they need to see is the plan and the vision, what they have accomplished, are accomplishing now, and are movig towards in the very near future, and that is performance that rivals the best, styling that rivals the best, and range that well exceeds the current offerings.

You expect WAY too much from the everyday man :wink:. (And I use "man" in the gender-neutral sort of way).