Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TMC Book of Records for the Model S...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So this has been mentioned from time to time, but thinking we can make this an official thread for "firsts" and records for the Model S.

First to take a Model S cross country: Steve and Jesse for Owner Bill, VIN 38 - Blog story

Highest elevation driven to date: Cottonwood at Trail Ridge CO, 12,183'

Velo1 is shooting for Mt. Evans at 14,256' this Spring.

What will you be the first to do with your Model S?

First to put 400 miles down in one drive?

Over time, lets make this the <strike>Guiness</strike> TMC Book of Records for the Model S.

What will yours be???

No ferry ride yet for me. (My wife and I did go on a ferry last weekend, but not in the Model S).

But I may be the first to get a hitch - it is being installed now; I pick it up Saturday.

Last edited:
Fastest speed?? Or is the S limited by the speedometer rather than motor output? My Zero is limited by speed in eco mode, but with a strong tail wind in sport mode I've hit about 7 kph faster than its "top speed".

Or would people get in trouble...?

Fastest speed?? Or is the S limited by the speedometer rather than motor output?

I've not been able to achieve the Roadster's top speed, because it runs out of steam above 150 kph. The best I've been able to do (yes, legally) is 187 kph. I suspect the Model S will actually be able to achieve its maximum speed since it has more poop at high speeds than the Roadster.

Fastest speed?? Or is the S limited by the speedometer rather than motor output? My Zero is limited by speed in eco mode, but with a strong tail wind in sport mode I've hit about 7 kph faster than its "top speed".

Or would people get in trouble...?
I'm pretty sure it has a software governor. I talked to George B at one of the events and he said off hand it was capable of going faster. I wonder if Elon's is set differently.

First one to hack the software that governs output! But I'm sure this would coincide with first one to invalidate their warranty!