Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fremont Factory Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
While my son’s baseball team was warming up for their game early this morning, I drove by the Tesla Factory in Fremont and saw, what looks like to me, their new factory delivery facility. There are a couple photos below. You can see eight Model S vehicles under protective car covers.

The area is extremely secure and is directly under the huge Tesla logo on the South side of the factory, which is perfect for photos.

There are awnings in place that could, in time, have solar panels on the roof and, perhaps, even a Supercharger.

If this is the new factory delivery facility then let’s see who is the first to receive their new Model S in this location.

121021_01 Factory Delivery.jpg
121021_02 Factory Delivery.jpg

Telltale galvanized grey in lower left corner of 2nd phot shows that bmek and camera still likely outside the fence . . . hopefully not 'lectrified !:smile:
To me, white covers look like shipping covers seen in videos elsewhere on this forum. Still shows great care with product.

With all the unused room they have I'm still baffled that they store cars outdoors...

Me too. All I can think is that the empty buildings are too far away to be usable or that the rooms are way too dirty and expensive to clean to put in shiny new cars.

Old factorys can be really really dirty and sometimes toxic.

Tesla Factory Overview

Or maybe they're staged for TMC forum members and journalists to drive by and grab spy shots, thereby distracting us from the real storage facility...</tinfoil hat>

The finished vehicle staging area is located behind the second fence. You can see the factory layout below (North is to the left).

mini-121013_011 Tesla Fremont Layout.jpg

Below, you can see the finished vehicle staging area behind the second fence (this is at the South end of the factory, which is at the right side of the layout above).

mini-121013_004 finished vehicle staging area.jpg

The scale of this factory is amazing.

To think that Tesla purchased the factory for some $42 million is difficult to comprehend. And, some financial analysts talk about Tesla's high share price to book value. Now that parts of this factory have been reconditioned and is working again, it has significant tangible value that many financial analysts (John P?) fail to understand.

Importantly, the non-union employees (who all have stock options) are highly motivated to produce world class cars that rival every other car available (of course, that is an intangible).