Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

#107 Racing Green - Bernardsville, NJ [SOLD]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe this car has been SOLD to Pantera Dude...

That is correct! I am the new owner of Roadster #107! I am WAY STOKED! I hope to have the car by Thanksgiving, it will be shipped from it's present home in New Jersey to my home in Southern California. I started looking for a roadster in February or March of this year and I finally took the plunge! It seemed like a long wait and now I'm counting the days until it gets here. I don't envy those that are waiting for their new cars, it must seem like an eternity!

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations.

I too purchased a Racing Green Tesla from New Jersey, and I love it.

The Tesla website had very poor pictures of Racing Green Roadsters, thus discouraging many people from picking this beautiful color.

Congratulations.

I too purchased a Racing Green Tesla from New Jersey, and I love it.

The Tesla website had very poor pictures of Racing Green Roadsters, thus discouraging many people from picking this beautiful color.

Thanks PG! I can't believe they call the color "Racing Green". It's BRITISH RACING GREEN, DAMMIT! :biggrin: i could have gone for something wild like a lime green but of the colors available on the roadsters, this is one of my favorites. I've always admired this color back as far as the Jimmy Clark, Lotus days. It is a bit subtle but it has some meaning to it for me. I've never been a fan of tan interiors but it sure does look good to me in combination with this color.

I can't believe they call the color "Racing Green". It's BRITISH RACING GREEN, DAMMIT! :biggrin: i could have gone for something wild like a lime green ....

Lotus does call the same color "British Racing Green." There some really memorable Jimmy Clark stories, often in British Racing Green cars. One was the Indy 500 where Clark grossly accelerated his competition on the start and the race had to be restarted shortly thereafter due to an unrelated accident. During an interview in the break Clark refused to explain how he was so fast off of the line, saying he planned to do it again on the restart. (The other cars had only two speeds and Clark had more gears.)

I am considering wrapping my hardtop with lime green to see how I like it. One thought is that having the hardtop a different shade of green would make the car look better with the hardtop on.

pharma5, are you sure you have "racing green", not "signature green"?

Racing green:
images

used-2010-tesla-roadster-roadster-5051-8835868-1-400.jpg

Signature green:
bvp1.jpg

siggreen.jpg

pharma5, are you sure you have "racing green", not "signature green"?

I definitely have Tesla's Signature Green, no question, and appreciated all the help on sorting it out way back when I was shopping.

But I thought the paint thread link indicated that Tesla's Sig Green = Lotus' "Racing Green" (my intended comment above), whereas Tesla's Racing Green = Lotus' "British Racing Green" (PDude's comment)?

Yeah, OK...

http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f157/paint-code-clarification-brg-vs-lrg-88761/
My 2007 Lotus Exige S has "B04" as the paint code. Is this the standard "British Racing Greenicon1.png" paint code for the US Market?
Is British Racing Green different from Lotus Racing Green?
B04 is the paint code for BRG, a non-metallic paint while "Racing Green", a shade lighter, is a metallic paint.
LRG Metalic Code - B119
LRG is a metallic, BRG is a flat green paint

So,
Tesla "Racing Green" = Lotus "British Racing Green" Lotus Paint Code B04
Tesla "Signature Green" is more similar to Lotus "Racing Green" Lotus Paint Code B119

Confusing that Tesla "Racing Green" is not the same as Lotus "Racing Green" and that Lotus has two different kinds of Racing Greens.

Last edited: