Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Espied

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A neighbor of mine stopped by to report that he saw a "magnificent red Tesla" on Washington Highway 2 at about the Stevens Pass Ski Area. He thought we had taken delivery so wanted to "see" the car. I told him that several Model S cars have been delivered but that we are still looking to 2013 for delivery. He also said he saw this car in or near the town of Chelan. If you were driving please let me know. Perhaps you can charge at our home on your next trip. Well, Charlene and I could admire your car too!

My wife and I drove our red Model S over Steven's pass on Weds (Eastbound) and Thu (Westbound).

We didn't make it all the way to Chelan though...we stopped in Wenatchee. We stayed at SpringHill Suites (their charger doesn't work with Roadsters yet, getting fixed; but worked fine with the Model S) and on Thursday had it on display for Alternative Fuel Vehicle Odyssey Day at Wenatchee Valley College.

We'd be happy to meet up next time we go that way.

ChadS and other EV Drivers I started the work required to install a 100 Amp circuit to our detached garage today. Electrician is scheduled to start conduit and wire next week after I have completed the needed pathways and trench. Initially we will have an NEMA 14-50 outlet so you are all invited to charge here; 225 Lake Front Road, Orondo 98843 when in the Chelan area. Our home is on the Columbia about 12 miles SSE from Chelan on State Route 97 (down river from the BeeBe Bridge) Call to ensure we are home (509) 784-1747. Jack & Charlene Anderson

Awesome, thanks. That's the only high-power L2 charger on the Hwy 2 route, and it's ~160 miles from the Seattle area (and 150 from Spokane), so it's perfectly placed for a lot of owners. I added it to my "tesla highway" map HERE. Thanks Jack and Charlene!

Awesome, thanks. That's the only high-power L2 charger on the Hwy 2 route, and it's ~160 miles from the Seattle area (and 150 from Spokane), so it's perfectly placed for a lot of owners. I added it to my "tesla highway" map HERE. Thanks Jack and Charlene!

Great map! Thanks for the good work. I do have a concern though. I was informed that the Model S adapter for Roadster charging stations would only be available to Roadster owners. This news is a month or so old and I hope that the situation has changed. Have you heard anything new? One of the roadster chargers on your list is critical for one of my routine long trips.

I believe (but am not positive) that the adapter being limited to Roadster owners is only due to temporary supply issues. Who knows when that will be cleared up, though.

You live in the greater Seattle area, right? I have one of the adapters, so you can borrow mine (in Redmond) if I am not going on a trip at the same time. Although I guess you said "routine", so that might be clumsy. Another possibility: for about the cost of Tesla's adapter, I'll bet you could get the HPC connector changed to J1772. Clipper Creek sells kits to do that, and the site host would no doubt love having more cars being able to patronize them. Of course we'd need to give the Roadster community plenty of notice before doing that, as not all of them have J1772 adapters. And then we risk the chance that a Leaf will be parked there for 8 hours, using only 20% of the capacity...

NEMA 14-50 Portion Completed

Update: The 240/50 portion of the charging station is completed. Charlene and I signed out the Tesla order yesterday which included the HPWC. The estimated delivery is a vague "early 2013."

Attachments

• Tesla Charger Installation.jpg
    Tesla Charger Installation.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 542
Seems this thread is a little quiet. Perhaps because you know each other already?

I've been lurking quite a bit as I'm definitely a fan of what the folks at Tesla have done with the Roadster and the S (and will do with the X) but I don't have a reservation yet (need to convince the CFO/aka the missus that a Tesla is the ideal new car for us. Any tips on that would be appreciated!).

Anyway, I spotted somebody's beautiful black S (on the 19's, snow tires?) up at Alpental today. I was up for the first day of a level 1 avalanche class and spotted the black S just off the bridge in the parking lot as we were coming back from our post lunch beacon check.

Looked like a great day of skiing! I hope you were up for some turns!

Cheers!