Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Have you received your parcel shelf?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There have been reports of the parcel shelf not being delivered with some cars. I'm trying to assess whether this is a problem in a handful of cars or is a relatively universal problem across all cars at this point. If you have received your car and ordered the parcel shelf has it been delivered? Thanks.

Mine was delivered with VIN 112 on Sept 28. Wife has the car today; sorry no photo now. It's nothing exceptional, but looks and works fine. It has clips holding it lightly to tracks near the back seats; and it tri-folds so you can fold it partly out of the way without removing it. It's easy to remove, although sometimes a little fussy to get it back on.

I too noticed on the Mod S accessories page that the parcel shelf is sold out. My first thought was the same as you jcstp that this might cause delays, but upon reflection it shouldn't. It is such an easy item to ship later if necessary. It is also a bit surprising that it could be in short supply. Of all the bits and pieces in an S, it should be one of the simplest to manufacture.

That's strange. My car was produced before yours but had the parcel shelf. I was missing the 110V adapter but that got mailed to me yesterday along with the paper versions of the manuals.

My guess would be that they get shipments from the supplier every so often and install them in the cars until they run out.

Some parcel shelf pics. First, in the standard position:

IMG_4814.JPG

And then, in the "folded back" position to give you more room without removing it:

IMG_4815.JPG

And then, removed and flipped over so you can see the little grabbers that hold it on to the track when installed:

IMG_4816.JPG