Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla logo under the hood of new Toyota RAV4 EV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was curious how the two companies would handle this. Nice Solution. And great for Tesla.

H8E6033.jpg
H8E6464.jpg

Where did you find that photo, I think that's from the prototype, unless it was added back on the production as a last minute thing I think the only Tesla markings are on the underside of the vehicle

I can verify these photos are of the prototype, and they also deleted the "powered by Tesla" on the dashboard at power up! Any remaining logos of Tesla on this vehicle are very discreet, and almost all are eliminated.

Where did you find that photo, I think that's from the prototype, unless it was added back on the production as a last minute thing I think the only Tesla markings are on the underside of the vehicle

Found them here... Electric Ute: Toyota Reveals 2012 RAV4 EV

Since Toyota apparently did this "reveal", I assume they're ok with the logo as pictured. The association certainly doesn't hurt Toyota, but I can understand why they wouldn't want something on the outside of the car or on the dash. Under the hood is appropriate.

Last edited:
It's even the old Tesla shield logo. Leftover from the Roadster PEMs.

- - - Updated - - -

Any remaining logos of Tesla on this vehicle are very discreet, and almost all are eliminated.

Would be nice to document all the Tesla branding on the new RAV4EV with pictures on these pages.

Maybe they do a peel-off sticker like those smothered all over a new laptop.

Hard to believe those two engine bay photos are both the RAV4 EV! Looks like they relocated everything in the production version. I guess that big Tesla nameplate was for the car show circuit only.
They're very different vehicles. The "prototype" had a Roadster drivetrain (with Roadster PEM under the hood) and a modular battery pack strapped under the chassis. The production vehicle has a purpose built battery pack and a Model S motor and inverter.