Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Coated windshield impacting door openers and EZpass

Model S - R140
    Quote Originally Posted by Electric Machete View Post
    Express Lanes are free for EVs in Florida? I thought we could just drive the HOV lane.

Which SunPass style were you using? I have the RF kind that is just a sticker. Same but smaller kind for my development. Nothing that uses a battery.
    I have tried both the very old kind that takes a battery, and the newer (Sunpass Plus) that doesn't take a battery but is removable. Yes, the Express Lanes are free for EVs, so the sticker doesn't work for me. I have tried everything, at this point. I now need to try my Sunpasses in someone else's car, to prove or disprove that it's a bad windshield.
    Model S - R140 - 5YJSA1DN4CFP01275 - 85kWh, Dolphin Gray, Black Leather, Piano, Tech, Audio, Suspension, 19", Pano, Twin, HPWC.

I was wondering if putting the transponder in the trunk would work. Maybe velcro it to the parcel shelf or somewhere else in the trunk area?

Well, FWIW, I spent some time on the highway today in Florida ... and this position has been the best success I've had using our SunPass.

Name:  20121213_124218.jpg
Views: 2333
Size:  87.3 KB
    Hello, I'm Sig 957!
    VIN 748

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    I installed my EZpass (Texas) exactly below the mirror where it is supposed to be and it didn't work. They used my plate instead.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Texas, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Model S - R140
    Quote Originally Posted by steve841 View Post
    Well, FWIW, I spent some time on the highway today in Florida ... and this position has been the best success I've had using our SunPass.

Name:  20121213_124218.jpg
Views: 2333
Size:  87.3 KB
    Hard to tell what you're doing in this picture. Are you pressing the SunPass against the back of the mirror or against the windshield?
    Model S - R140 - 5YJSA1DN4CFP01275 - 85kWh, Dolphin Gray, Black Leather, Piano, Tech, Audio, Suspension, 19", Pano, Twin, HPWC.

Model S P1698 / VIN 1657 timdorr's Avatar
    I know it's a bit chilly out at the moment and this may seem a bit silly, but what about opening up the pano roof and holding it up in the open space?

P#3820
    Has anyone found success using RFID type passes? In Florida, SunPass has three varieties. Two that require batteries and one that is a passive RFID sticker. When I lived up North EZ Pass was a battery powered unit, but I am wondering if they have progressed to passive RFID as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by timdorr View Post
    I know it's a bit chilly out at the moment and this may seem a bit silly, but what about opening up the pano roof and holding it up in the open space?
    It rains just about every day in the Summer here in Florida. No way is this an option for me. I prefer to remain dry while driving.

Quote Originally Posted by aviators99 View Post
    Hard to tell what you're doing in this picture. Are you pressing the SunPass against the back of the mirror or against the windshield?
    It's just against the back of the mirror and pushed up resting against the mirror mounting bracket.

No windshield contact at all.
    Hello, I'm Sig 957!
    VIN 748

P#3820
    Quote Originally Posted by steve841 View Post
    It's just against the back of the mirror and pushed up resting against the mirror mounting bracket.

No windshield contact at all.
    Ugh. That's annoying. I just want to stick the SunPass Mini to the glass and be done with it. Have you tried one of those yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Electric Machete View Post
    Ugh. That's annoying. I just want to stick the SunPass Mini to the glass and be done with it. Have you tried one of those yet?
    My OCD with my vehicle prevents me from sticking anything to the windows .... that SunPass stays hidden any other time.
    Hello, I'm Sig 957!
    VIN 748

Thread Information