Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Coated windshield impacting door openers and EZpass

Quote Originally Posted by NigelM View Post
    BTW, as TEG points out above the Roadster also has the coated windshield but I never experienced any problems with handheld garage door openers.
    I think not all do. It was optional.

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showt...ll=1#post90297
    ...my (new to me 2.0) roadster is at tesla getting some service/upgrades. i asked to install a solar guard windshield. they emailed after i left to make certain i was okay with the negative impact the solar guard windshield apparently has on radio reception...
    Moderator - Roadster, and Future Cars forums

Quote Originally Posted by TEG View Post

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showt...ll=1#post90297
    I have solar gaurd on the Roadster. The hand remote works fine. As does the homelink. Softtop?

Quote Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
    What's wrong with using the spot below the mirror?
    Why does this thread consist of 50% posts that keep saying the spot below the mirror does work, and the other 50% keep blissfully ignoring that?
    Agreed, I have no problem with this. I have never mounted my EzPass due to infrequent use and multiple vehicles and I have no problem placing the unit as needed. Doubt I would even need to look anymore to place it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by TEG View Post
    Yes it was an option, at least on the 08 but I believe it is a different coating. I did have this option and never had any real problem with the EzPass in any location whereas in the S it will definitely not read even when slowing to a crawl if it is not in the correct spot.
    Roadster 1.5 #227 / Model S Sig. Perf. SSL #147 - VIN #242

With Roadsters they may have changed the type of coating over the years.
    For a while it was called "SolarPlus" and other times "SolarGuard".
    http://webarchive.teslamotors.com/di..._specsheet.pdf
    Solar Guard Windshield $400
    http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...rt-options.htm
    SOLARPLUS WINDSHIELD $400

Moderator - Roadster, and Future Cars forums

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    Maybe I should have included the meme.

Are you fine with these basic problems?
    Heh, you OK over there?

I've got quite the list of things going that I'm sharing with the ownership and service teams. All minor -- to me at least. And that includes some of the items you mention. However, the car itself is just SO AWESOME that it trumps these things. I practically don't care about them. I LOVE the car and how it drives. That's the most important thing to me. Everything else is just nit-picking to me. (to be clear, I feel like *I* would be nit-picking ... I'm not saying your or anyone else here is nit-picking)
    SOLD | Roadster 2.5 #1077 | Very Orange | Forged Wheels | Electronics Package
    Model S #SSL146 / VIN #246 | Signature Red | Black Interior with CF Accents | 21" Silver Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Performance
    http://fearlessbit.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cinergi View Post
    However, the car itself is just SO AWESOME that it trumps these things. I practically don't care about them. I LOVE the car and how it drives. That's the most important thing to me. Everything else is just nit-picking to me. (to be clear, I feel like *I* would be nit-picking ... I'm not saying your or anyone else here is nit-picking)
    I think people are missing this part - thanks for repeating. I don't think there is a single car on the market that could withstand this level of scrutiny and not have a list of issues. But there is no other car on the market that will provide the thrill. Driving electric makes you feel like a kid again.
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Heh, you OK over there?
    I was kind of looking for a way to say that...

I've got quite the list of things going that I'm sharing with the ownership and service teams. All minor -- to me at least. And that includes some of the items you mention. However, the car itself is just SO AWESOME that it trumps these things. I practically don't care about them. I LOVE the car and how it drives. That's the most important thing to me. Everything else is just nit-picking to me. (to be clear, I feel like *I* would be nit-picking ... I'm not saying your or anyone else here is nit-picking)
    Sounds like the best car ever.
    Buying an EV is one thing, being able to drive it beyond city limits another...

Heh, you OK over there?
    I just need some Tylenol.
    MODEL S 85 | BLUE

Items for Sale

Icon14

Agreed Bonnie...folks need to experience the thrill of driving electric for a few weeks before going off on tangents...I think that most would feel exactly as cinergi posted..."...a thrill to drive" and "...problems are minor."

Quote Originally Posted by bonnie1194 View Post
    I think people are missing this part - thanks for repeating. I don't think there is a single car on the market that could withstand this level of scrutiny and not have a list of issues. But there is no other car on the market that will provide the thrill. Driving electric makes you feel like a kid again.
    Member Southern Ontario Tesla Owners Club

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevincwelch View Post
    I just need some Tylenol.
    Here ya go
    Name:  prd_2_2_rrg_lg_ye.gif
Views: 1025
Size:  11.0 KB

Sorry, couldn't resist. I empathize with everyone here who's feeling let down, irritated, etc. Because I was really beginning to lose it. And I haven't even shared everything that I went through. I'm much happier now that I have the car. I have battle-wounds ... and I'm in constant contact with a few Tesla folks who directly control and influence training, the delivery process, post-delivery ownership experiences, etc. And they're taking my feedback to heart. And it's because I'm having a very open, painful, but constructive conversation with them. Now, some of this is probably because I owned a Roadster and have previous contacts inside Tesla. Some of what I've had has been the result of (what I think was) a well-worded long email to George with the sole purpose of informing him of what I went through so 1) he would be aware and 2) would have the details he needed to improve the process. I didn't ask for anything, I didn't flame anyone, etc. It was all a "I know you're trying and care deeply, but this XYZ blah blah stuff I went through sucks, and I wanted you to know. Let me know if I can be of further assistance."
    Anyway, veering off topic here ...
    SOLD | Roadster 2.5 #1077 | Very Orange | Forged Wheels | Electronics Package
    Model S #SSL146 / VIN #246 | Signature Red | Black Interior with CF Accents | 21" Silver Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Performance
    http://fearlessbit.com/

Thread Information