Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-perf 85kwh 0-60 mph times

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone done independent 0 to 60mph times on the 85kwh non-perf version? I've seen a few reviews where the performance version was clocking closer to 4.0 seconds whereas Tesla states 4.4 seconds. I am wondering if there is a similar real world improvement for the non-perf version over the published 5.6 seconds.

Has anyone done independent 0 to 60mph times on the 85kwh non-perf version? I've seen a few reviews where the performance version was clocking closer to 4.0 seconds whereas Tesla states 4.4 seconds. I am wondering if there is a similar real world improvement for the non-perf version over the published 5.6 seconds.

I asked the same question last night. It would be interesting to get the answer. All the official reviews have been performance versions. How would a non-performance do against an M5 in a drag race?

The auto magazines also normally do 0-60mph with a 12-18" rollout so that shaves a few tenths of a second off the time.

Last edited:
The auto magazines also normally do 9-60mph with a 12-18" rollout so that shaves a few tenths of a second off the time.

Didn't a couple of the more official magazines get 4.3 seconds? If so then the non-perf might get less than 5.6 seconds. I'm not in a rush but I am curious and there are non-perfs out there. I'm sure the magazines haven't bothered to test them because they aren't as sexy as the performance versions.

Didn't a couple of the more official magazines get 4.3 seconds? If so then the non-perf might get less than 5.6 seconds. I'm not in a rush but I am curious and there are non-perfs out there. I'm sure the magazines haven't bothered to test them because they aren't as sexy as the performance versions.

just missing dark rims?
not sexy?? If sexy = quick ...hmmm, girls? any comments?

I think the standard S' will most likely beat the stated 0-60 times and most definitely have the potential to kill the published numbers but at a cost that isn't within safety margins for the batteries and/or wiring and electric components.

I think the standard S' will most likely beat the stated 0-60 times and most definitely have the potential to kill the published numbers but at a cost that isn't within safety margins for the batteries and/or wiring and electric components.
I agree that it will beat the published number, but I also think Tesla engineered the subsystems to sustain that performance. Doing otherwise would be very bad engineering design, and Tesla appears to have excellent engineers.