Page 83 of 323 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793133183 ... LastLast
Results 821 to 830 of 3230

Thread: Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

  1. #821
    P3853, VIN3062 adurstewitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    155
    19 days until the end of the month and no VIN yet, I'm getting skeptical... Hoping Santa pulls a shiny new Model S from his, um... bag.
    (P3853, VIN 3062) 85kW Dolphin Grey, Air Suspension, 19'' Wheels, Tech Package, Child Seats, Cargo Cover, No HPWC

  2. #822
    Member ModelS1079's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Suburban Boston
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    VIN arrived in my INBOX today: 2415
    I am P2540...

    Blue/85kWh/panaoramic sunroof/19" and I forget the rest...
    Oh, really- you forget the rest? I think your S is coming complete with roll up windows and AM radio, or did you upgrade to eight-track?

    1. Ed congrats. Put both of ours ona truck and send them East. Same configuration. Named mine Rhapsody (...in blue).
    2. No way 500/day - but I suppose you never know. No, no way. 500 per week is just believable. If true, buy your shares of Tesla now.
    3. Agree that there must be a fleet of trucks about to head or already heading East.
    I SUSPECT: gameplan is to surprise folks they are here, giving a three day notice on a at-store delivery, like in Toronto/Vancouver/Fremont. This prevents the sloppiness-time-money of deliveries to different homes and, for the buyer, allows for a fun group event. As much as I'd love to see that truck roll down my street, a festival S's, one of which is mine - that'd be fun. Unlikely here in Teslachusetts, though, given issues with dealership - maybe the recent ruling locally would help allow for such an event here.

  3. #823
    Model S P-2540 EdA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by adurstewitz View Post
    19 days until the end of the month and no VIN yet, I'm getting skeptical... Hoping Santa pulls a shiny new Model S from his, um... bag.
    I called and asked "what's up"...you might want to do the same?

    Oh, really- you forget the rest?
    Actually too lazy to type it in...

    air, cargo cover, one of the interiors...OK I forget

  4. #824
    Member ModelS1079's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Suburban Boston
    Posts
    734
    Quote Originally Posted by torerazo View Post
    New to forum. Reservation #P10761 ordered August, 2012 email received today, finalized and waiting for paperwork email... Window is Feb-March. Cool!
    I'm sorry - welcome to the forum (sincere - you will find more info than you knew you needed, and you do need it), but I hate to inform you that your reservation in August, 2012, and your delivery in February is not registering here, where I believe there is a continuing wait, from August, 2009 to December, 2012, or 175 weeks and 3 days... 1,228 days...40 months and 10 days...3.36 years...three years, four months, ten days.

    Just wondering, it's okay to put a $5,000 deposit the S now less than three years and two months before you drive it? Nobody told me. Torerazo, welcome, and I hope you enjoy the wait as much as I have. Like a long, sweet Christmas Eve of anticipation, forum posts and net searches, store visits and test drives, persevarations on things like a visor or a cubby shelf, and the slightly odd, early-adopting but wonderful community ever-growing around this California Company showing us the future, today.

  5. #825
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Bellingham WA
    Posts
    44
    I picked up my car in Seattle today - everything i hoped for and more.

    The reason for this post is that the delivery specialist said there are about 30 S's in the wild in WA right now, but there will be nearly 200 by the end of this month!

    Make of that what you will.

  6. #826
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,583
    P2840, no notification yet even though bunches of folks all around my number seem to be getting VINs.

  7. #827
    Model S P1698 / VIN 1657 timdorr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia, United States
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    VIN arrived in my INBOX today: 2415
    I am P2540...

    Blue/85kWh/panaoramic sunroof/19" and I forget the rest...
    Do you have a date range? I'd like to add it to the spreadsheet

  8. #828
    Model S P-2540 EdA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    897
    Quote Originally Posted by timdorr View Post
    Do you have a date range? I'd like to add it to the spreadsheet

    Estimated Delivery Window --- Dec. 24th - Jan. 7th

    Official options list:

    Blue Metallic Paint, Glass Panoramic Roof, 19" Wheels, Grey Leather Interior, Lacewood Decor, 85kWh Battery, Active Air Suspension, Parcel Shelf

    Next time I'll tattoo it to my forehead

  9. #829
    Roadster 919, S 2006 Doug_G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, Canada
    Posts
    10,908
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ModelS1079 View Post
    I SUSPECT: gameplan is to surprise folks they are here, giving a three day notice on a at-store delivery, like in Toronto/Vancouver/Fremont. This prevents the sloppiness-time-money of deliveries to different homes and, for the buyer, allows for a fun group event.
    You're probably right about the timing, but wrong about the reason. I suspect things are frantic and they're doing the best they can resulting in three days notice. I must say, though, that this scheduling uncertainty so close to the holidays is, ah, inconvenient.
    Roadster #919, Model S #2006. Blog The Rules of Model S Road Tripping
    Moderator: Tesla Motors , Electric Vehicles, Media, Roadster,
    Canada, EVents and Off Topic sub-forums.

  10. #830
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    762
    Quote Originally Posted by ModelS1079 View Post
    Oh, really- you forget the rest? I think your S is coming complete with roll up windows and AM radio, or did you upgrade to eight-track?

    1. Ed congrats. Put both of ours ona truck and send them East. Same configuration. Named mine Rhapsody (...in blue).
    2. No way 500/day - but I suppose you never know. No, no way. 500 per week is just believable. If true, buy your shares of Tesla now.
    3. Agree that there must be a fleet of trucks about to head or already heading East.
    I SUSPECT: gameplan is to surprise folks they are here, giving a three day notice on a at-store delivery, like in Toronto/Vancouver/Fremont. This prevents the sloppiness-time-money of deliveries to different homes and, for the buyer, allows for a fun group event. As much as I'd love to see that truck roll down my street, a festival S's, one of which is mine - that'd be fun. Unlikely here in Teslachusetts, though, given issues with dealership - maybe the recent ruling locally would help allow for such an event here.
    Now I want the 8 track. I finalized, can I change my order? oh, sorry, different thread.

    85 kWh Silver Tesla Model S, Panoramic Roof, 21" Silver Wheels, Int: Black Leather with (Gloss) Obeche Wood and CCI, Pkgs: Tech, Sound Studio, Air, Parcel Shelf, Twin Chargers

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Delivery of the first Model S
    By Norbert in forum Video
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-08-2012, 10:39 PM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 10-31-2011, 08:21 AM
  3. Roadster production dates
    By TEG in forum Roadster
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 10-21-2011, 01:28 PM
  4. Speculating about delivery dates
    By widodh in forum Model S
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-16-2011, 01:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •