Page 63 of 323 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

Model S P1327 VIN P01867
    Just received a VIN (P01867) with a delivery window of "mid to late December". Still waiting for the My Tesla page to give me the link to the delivery paperwork, which was supposedly activated a few hours ago...

Blue/Gray Performance, CF Interior, Pano, 21" Gray, 20kW, Tech, Audio, armor, and rear seats.
    Blue P85, delivered on Dec 15th, 2012

Did the tour yesterday. Every time I went to check out a VIN on a car or BIW someone gave me a look. My guide actually asked me a couple times to stop looking for the VINs. So i'm sorry everyone, no VIN updates.

One piece of good news though. As the tour started I saw a sea of finished bodies (BIW) these cars were just waiting to be assembled and there were probably 200 of them. All BIW's are the same so they are just cranking them out and fast.

As the tour finished and we got to the test track I saw a truly amazing view. The ENTIRE test was practically full to the brim of fully finished cars. We are talking about 80-100 cars just sitting their awaiting delivery. When I asked what they were doing there, she told me. The rain! The entire bay area has been pounded with Rain these last couple weeks and they have been storing the cars on the test track and testing portions at a time. She said they finished a bunch of cars, tested them all on the track and then moved them all onto the track for storage. It goes through the Dyno and water tests and then they just sit on the test track waiting for delivery. She said it was a frustrating dance act, but its necessary in case there was a problem with a car.

SO, if your car has been going slower then you thought, it could be due to the rain.

My car went from BIW to delivery in 6 days. I don't know how standard that is, but just for reference.

Also I saw probably 30 Sig red cars waiting for delivery or almost complete. I'm hoping they were Canadians.

I'll try and answer as many questions as I can.

Time to update the big board again...I just received VIN# 1929 for my P2009 Blue performance 85KwH (Grey interior, Matte Obeche, Pano, 21" Silver wheels, Air, Tech, Sound, High-power Wall Charger, basically all the goodies except rear-facing seats).

I was told that my car should be built and ready to go in about two weeks, and that it will take 10-14 days transit time from California to New York...Looks like I'll just miss getting it this year, but who knows...It's never to late for a Christmas/New Years miracle

Model Sig 304, VIN 542 Arnold Panz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by goaliemanshark View Post
    The rain! The entire bay area has been pounded with Rain these last couple weeks and they have been storing the cars on the test track and testing portions at a time. She said they finished a bunch of cars, tested them all on the track and then moved them all onto the track for storage. It goes through the Dyno and water tests and then they just sit on the test track waiting for delivery.
    Seems like they could kill two birds with one stone and just leave the cars outside and get the water tests done that way!

At what point in the process did folks get an actual purchase order? My bank needs one to move forward on the loan in addition to the VIN, though she said the VIN is usually on the purchase order.

P445 / VIN 1794 ClearwaterBchSteve's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAustin View Post
    Time to update the big board again...I just received VIN# 1929 for my P2009 Blue performance 85KwH (Grey interior, Matte Obeche, Pano, 21" Silver wheels, Air, Tech, Sound, High-power Wall Charger, basically all the goodies except rear-facing seats).

I was told that my car should be built and ready to go in about two weeks, and that it will take 10-14 days transit time from California to New York...Looks like I'll just miss getting it this year, but who knows...It's never to late for a Christmas/New Years miracle
    Congrats! Nice configuration - it will be a beautiful car. The VINs are rolling along now. 2000 must not be too far away.
    Metallic Silver P85 Reserved: 3/28/2009, Delivered: 12/21/2012 (1355 days) C.H.A.R.G.E.D.
    FLORIDA TESLA ENTHUSIASTS (Treasurer & Co-Founder)

Model S P1698 / VIN 1657 timdorr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ckessel View Post
    At what point in the process did folks get an actual purchase order? My bank needs one to move forward on the loan in addition to the VIN, though she said the VIN is usually on the purchase order.
    That would be your MVPA and you'll get that via email (DocuSign, specifically) shortly after being contacted for delivery.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAustin View Post
    Time to update the big board again...I just received VIN# 1929 for my P2009 Blue performance 85KwH (Grey interior, Matte Obeche, Pano, 21" Silver wheels, Air, Tech, Sound, High-power Wall Charger, basically all the goodies except rear-facing seats)....
    I think I might have seen yours when it was all aluminum and getting inspected before going to the paint shop! + other p20XX cars.
    - 'Joules' 12/1/12 - classic grey & wood Zextraterrestials S (tory)

I guess you're referring to the final MVPA. Got that when I got the email with VIN. My credit union didn't need anything. Loan approved while on the phone and got check from them to send Tesla whenever they asked for it. Check was good for 90 days. They asked me to let them know the VIN when I got it. Incredibly easy. 1.49%. Penfed FCU.

P1117 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PLEASE NOTE: These musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goaliemanshark View Post
    Also I saw probably 30 Sig red cars waiting for delivery or almost complete. I'm hoping they were Canadians.
    They almost certainly were. Judging by the poll in the Canada section, a large fraction of the Canadian Signatures are Sig Red. Also I know that my car was still in testing as of yesterday, so it's probably one of them.
    Roadster #919, Model S #2006. Blog The Rules of Model S Road Tripping
    Moderator: Tesla Motors , Electric Vehicles, Media, Roadster,
    Canada, EVents and Off Topic sub-forums.

Thread Information