Page 37 of 323 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast

Thread: Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Burch View Post
    That's not theory...that's known. Not a single car with standard suspension has been produced or will be produced within the next few months.
    I thought I read somewhere that Musk wants ALL MS to be equipped with the Air Suspension - could be reason for the price increase.

Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ckessel View Post
    Are folks generally lining up financing before or after you get the "car is ready" emails? When I talked to the bank a couple months ago, they said I had to have a VIN before anything could happen.
    I got my first notice that I was close to ready on Tuesday, a notice that my car was built and ready to go this morning, my VIN this afternoon, and they're trying to put my car on the truck tomorrow. Fortunately I had already liquidated a bunch of equities (back when the Dow was >13300), but even still, getting funds wired to Tesla tomorrow is going to take some wrangling. If you have a sequence # below 4000, I'd advise that you get your financing moved along.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert.Boston View Post
    I got my first notice that I was close to ready on Tuesday, a notice that my car was built and ready to go this morning, my VIN this afternoon, and they're trying to put my car on the truck tomorrow. Fortunately I had already liquidated a bunch of equities (back when the Dow was >13300), but even still, getting funds wired to Tesla tomorrow is going to take some wrangling. If you have a sequence # below 4000, I'd advise that you get your financing moved along.
    Agreed. I've started liquidating several equities that I hold now so that I'm not caught off guard and have to wait.

- Andrew

P3853 - 85kW, Grey, 19'', Air Ride, Tech, Child Seats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    (P3853, VIN 3062) 85kW Dolphin Grey, Air Suspension, 19'' Wheels, Tech Package, Child Seats, Cargo Cover, No HPWC

getting funds wired to Tesla tomorrow is going to take some wrangling.
    Is there a reason to wire the funds, instead of handing over a check upon delivery?

(Still no magic e-mail for me. Sigh. I guess my TMC post count isn't high enough to warent special attention )
    Last edited by woof; 2012-11-29 at 09:22 PM. Reason: s/TMS/TMC
    --Woof!
    On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Singapore (for next 2 years) previously Chicago, IL
    Quote Originally Posted by woof View Post
    Is there a reason to wire the funds, instead of handing over a check upon delivery?

(Still no magic e-mail for me. Sigh. I guess my TMC post count isn't high enough to warent special attention )
    I've been told I should hand over a check upon delivery. But still, had to do some wrangling to get the loan approved today and will have all the funds available (and check from the bank) tomorrow.

Blog Entries

I think it depends. My car is being shipped directly to me rather than via any service center (I live in the middle of nowhere and a solid 8 hours from the closest service center). So they wanted my payment in full before loading the car onto the delivery truck. It sounds like anyone going to/through a service center might be able to pay at the time of delivery.
    Evan E. Fusco, MD--Nixa, MO
    Model S R77/VIN-1267-- Black 85kWh (non-perf), Tech, Lacewood trim, tan interior, Sound Studio, Air Suspension, 19" rims, twin chargers, HPWC
    Model X Reservation Sequence # 5966 (for the wife)

Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    Is there a reason to wire the funds, instead of handing over a check upon delivery?)
    Yes, because I live in Massachusetts. As my DS wrote: " technically we need to have the final payment before loading the car for it to count legally as an out-of-state transaction." Texans and some others have similarly benighted auto dealership laws.

Yes, because I live in Massachusetts. As my DS wrote: " technically we need to have the final payment before loading the car for it to count legally as an out-of-state transaction." Texans and some others have similarly benighted auto dealership laws.
    Ah, good to know, as I'm also in MA. Guess that proves that P683 will NOT be on that same truck. Sigh--I had hopes.

(Off to research how to wire funds...never had a need for such urgency before!)
    --Woof!
    On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Wire Me to Fremont

Ah, good to know, as I'm also in MA. Guess that proves that P683 will NOT be on that same truck. Sigh--I had hopes.

(Off to research how to wire funds...never had a need for such urgency before!)
    Yes, Robert.Boston, exactly how does one wire funds to Fremont?

Model S P1698 / VIN 1657 timdorr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adurstewitz View Post
    Agreed. I've started liquidating several equities that I hold now so that I'm not caught off guard and have to wait.
    I've had my money set aside in my bank account for 2 years. Probably not the best way to handle it, but I'm seriously ready to give Tesla my money.

Thread Information