Page 3 of 323 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

There are reasons for this, but it will only sound like an excuse if I try to explain them, so I will not.
    I'm pretty sure I tried that line on my first wife once.
    Last edited by dsm363; 2012-10-17 at 10:48 AM. Reason: fixed quote tag
    PLEASE NOTE: These musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent.

I'm not sure that email said all that much and the examples used in it didn't explain my particular situation (I sent my MPVA within a few days of receiving it and I didn't have banana leaf or obeche). As someone said before, that email could have gone out a month ago. But I suppose it is a baby step.

Quote Originally Posted by Jkam View Post
    I'm not sure that email said all that much and the examples used in it didn't explain my particular situation (I sent my MPVA within a few days of receiving it and I didn't have banana leaf or obeche). As someone said before, that email could have gone out a month ago. But I suppose it is a baby step.
    Yes, you may have done everything regarding ordering by the letter; however GB's response alluded to the fact that others placing their orders late had an impact on the sequencing of the orders. Sounds like your order was one of the ones impacted.

P85 S791, PWt/Wt/CF trim joefee's Avatar
    George,

1. It’s a miracle Tesla got this far so fast (vision of the P85 smoking the M5 inserted here)

2. I’m glad it is only 28 (...hope I’m not one my window ends the 28th !)

3. Will you notify the 28 Sig’s who are delayed with an individual update beyond this general notice?

4. You may want to revisit the "Sig Tax” since now early delivery for high Sig’s and low GP cars are a matter of days/weeks not months.

Thanks !
    JoeFee
    S-1092 was P469
    You may quote my posts with proper acknowledgment. I trade the TSLA/SCTY range so I may add or decrease my shares at any time without prior notice. Anything I say should not be your sole basis for making trading decisions. Please educate yourself, do your own research and trade responsibly!

Model S P1698 / VIN 1657 timdorr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    I hope George isn't saying that the 2 week delay we heard about over the last week or so is really going to be 4 to 6 weeks. In my book 2 to 4 of those weeks have already happened to any of us Signature buyers that had delivery windows given to them this month.
    I believe he's referring to the overall delay. The 2 week delay is a specific part issue. The overall deliveries have been pushed back several times, but back before most folks had delivery date ranges.

Model Sig 304, VIN 542 Arnold Panz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
    I hope George isn't saying that the 2 week delay we heard about over the last week or so is really going to be 4 to 6 weeks. In my book 2 to 4 of those weeks have already happened to any of us Signature buyers that had delivery windows given to them this month.
    Let's hope this is from the original MVPA date, not the recent two-week window. Wish that had been clearer in the communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Panz View Post
    Let's hope this is from the original MVPA date, not the recent two-week window. Wish that had been clearer in the communication.
    For me, I was quoted an August delivery on my MPVA, so this Friday will be seven weeks from my MPVA date estimate. But as Tommy says, I might be one of the twenty something outliers.

Model S: P4909
    I appreciate the update and your continued transparency, George. While I agree that your first priority should be to communicate with and deliver vehicles to Signature orders, I do think Tesla has an obligation to followup with general production customers whom have signed MVPAs with estimated delivery dates in 2012. These customers (myself included) have made a financial/personal commitment by entering into a legal agreement with Tesla and would appreciate further communications. As you are aware, there is a great deal of focus/concern regarding whether or not our vehicles will in fact be delivered by 12/31/12, since in the current political environment it is unclear if we can count on receiving the $7500 federal tax credit if deliveries occur on January 1st or later. Thanks again and keep up the great work on transforming the auto industry!

I agree with BBMertz - we who are right on the line of getting ours in 2012 are also concerned, although it's fair to say we didn't pay extra for exclusivity and earlier delivery (like the sigs did).

Quote Originally Posted by bbmertz View Post
    I appreciate the update and your continued transparency, George. While I agree that your first priority should be to communicate with and deliver vehicles to Signature orders, I do think Tesla has an obligation to followup with general production customers whom have signed MVPAs with estimated delivery dates in 2012. These customers (myself included) have made a financial/personal commitment by entering into a legal agreement with Tesla and would appreciate further communications. As you are aware, there is a great deal of focus/concern regarding whether or not our vehicles will in fact be delivered by 12/31/12, since in the current political environment it is unclear if we can count on receiving the $7500 federal tax credit if deliveries occur on January 1st or later. Thanks again and keep up the great work on transforming the auto industry!
    [/B][/URL] Sweet Silver Sixty: 60KWH, Silver ext/Black int, Pano, Tech, 21" Silver wheels

Blog Entries
    ...and nothing for us Canadian Signature holders. Feeling like a mushroom here.
    Roadster #919, Model S #2006. Blog The Rules of Model S Road Tripping
    Moderator: Tesla Motors , Electric Vehicles, Media, Roadster,
    Canada, EVents and Off Topic sub-forums.

Thread Information