Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Yorkdale Grand Opening

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this going to be a showroom or a service centre? I'd love to make my way down to Toronto from Ottawa just to take a look at a Tesla. I'm on the fence about putting together a reservation, but have a hard time committing without actually seeing one in person.

Is this going to be a showroom or a service centre? I'd love to make my way down to Toronto from Ottawa just to take a look at a Tesla. I'm on the fence about putting together a reservation, but have a hard time committing without actually seeing one in person.

It's a store going in an expansion (or renovation) with a few other new retail outlets.

The service center is in Mississauga near the airport. I swung by there a few weeks ago and it is a relatively small industrial unit in an industrial part of town.

Just got the invite for the Exclusive Event for the 15th so the message was right after all ...

Hmmm... how does one get one of these "special invites"? I seem to keep getting left off of Tesla mailings for some reason (Had to make my own arrangements to get in on the Get Amped test drives), and yes, I'm a reservation holder.

Any Canadian reservation holder with a free +1 care to take pity on this die-hard Tesla fan?

I've been obsessed with the company ever since Martin's first blog post and actually registered TeslaMotorsNews.com in 2007. Patiently waiting for Bluestar.

Totally happy to meet someone at the door and then fade into the background. :)

Thaks again. I did RSVP to the e-mail address a while ago, but still never heard anything back.

Do you know what time the Thursday event is? I think I'll just show up with a copy of my Reservation Confirmation e-mail and hope the let me in :)

Here's the email you should have gotten:

Thank you for your response to the Tesla Yorkdale exclusive event on Thursday, November 15, 2012 from 6:30pm * 8:30pm. We look forward to seeing you there!

I had heard that the new Yorkdale expansion might have priority parking spots for electric vehicles.

Anyone know if there is a special area to park for the Thursday night event?

I hadn't heard about EV spots, but that would be great. I would imagine Tesla has a reserved spot for their demo car in the parking structure somewhere (similar to other stores). I'll probably just park in the lot adjacent to the 401 and walk through the mall.

Here's a shot of the Tesla spot at the Newport Beach store (with the car I drove):

IMG_0704.JPG

Just got an email from Tesla for the Friday Grand Opening, but still never heard back from them on the Thursday event.

I'm a Production reservation holder. The special Thursday event wouldn't happen to be limited to Signature and/or current Roadster owners, would it? I'm still going to show up, but find it curious that I never got an invite and that Tesla never responded to my "RSVP" to the Events email address.