Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Tesla Yorkdale Grand Opening

Items for Sale
    Thanks to George B, Hans, Eli, Mark and the rest of the TM staff for putting on a first class event...the store looks great, and I think everyone really enjoyed themselves both meeting old friends and meeting new folks as well.

Is it just me, or are Matt & Doug at the bar in every pic???
    Member Southern Ontario Tesla Owners Club

P135 CDN
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckjybe View Post
    George mentioned Canadian P's would likely be slotted in with the US P's according to reservation time.
    That would be awesome if that were the case, here's hoping they can pull it off. Looks like this was a fun event, thanks for all the pics everyone!

Wish now I has been able to go. Looks like the store designs are fairly similar now - I have been able to visit 2 in the US.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaff View Post
    Is it just me, or are Matt & Doug at the bar in every pic???
    Wise guy! I actually didn't have much to drink, still had to drive Tessie to the hotel. I just nursed it for a long time!

Fun fact: this is my first road trip EVER where every single charge was at 70A (just getting the last one now). Plus I've been able to sit down in a restaurant instead of sitting in the middle of nowhere. What a difference two years makes. I still have to wait a bit, but this is MUCH less painful.
    Roadster #919, Model S #2006. Blog The Rules of Model S Road Tripping
    Moderator: Tesla Motors , Electric Vehicles, Media, Roadster,
    Canada, EVents and Off Topic sub-forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_G View Post
    this is my first road trip EVER where every single charge was at 70A (just getting the last one now). Plus I've been able to sit down in a restaurant instead of sitting in the middle of nowhere. What a difference two years makes. I still have to wait a bit, but this is MUCH less painful.
    The team in the store need to be talking more about the broader charging infrastructure story. When I stopped in today to check out both the Tesla and Microsoft Store I found the reps pushing only the supercharger route that they are working on from Montreal to Miami. The local stores need to be talking more about the existing charging infrastructure out there like the one Doug has found as well as the listing on Plug'nDrive. The charging infrastructure is in place today - albeit more amps are required to realize it's full potential. They do a disservice by only focusing on the Tesla infrastructure in their pitch - I jumped in after and told the prospective customer about the chargers listing online. If this location is truly about education then they should talk more holistically about the EV space while still giving, of course, some prominence to the Tesla contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_G View Post
    It does - but if you want it to look absolutely awesome, get the dark grey (performance) wheels.
    I wouldn't have it any other way. I'm going to have to find some black 19" rims or get the Tesla 19's powdercoated so the car looks slick in winter too.
    2013 Tesla Model S P85: 12.417 @ 111.570 MPH

Performance 85kWh, custom 19" Forgestar c5fv wheels, white/black/CF, pano,sound,tech,twin chargers!

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 613
Size:  1.28 MBName:  image.jpg
Views: 1819
Size:  1.25 MB
    They have a dedicated Tesla parking area below the store that has 6 parking spaces, and a grey performance S demo car. I don't recall the exact VIN but I believe it was around 1250.

CAN #312 VIN P06173
    Here's the opening fireworks display. The mall opened a new section, and therefore, the fireworks were not specific to the Tesla event. The Tesla store was being unveiled in the new section of the mall.

CDN P285
    I hope that grey stays in Canada, and that it eventually comes to Montreal for test drives.

That is the color currently #1 on my list, but I have yet to see it in real life.

CDN P#40
    I like this grey too, maybe with the tan interior to do something like this : Name:  S60_which_landing.png
Views: 335
Size:  78.3 KB

Anyone seen a Model S with such a configuration before ?
    Last edited by agileone; 2012-11-16 at 06:39 PM. Reason: embedded image

Thread Information