Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Graphics skills? TMC logo

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you mean this, made into a square?:
hl_logo_93x125.png

Do you mean this, made into a square?:
hl_logo_93x125.png
Sorta but not really. I need something that says Tesla Motors Club, not to be confused with Tesla Motors. We need a variety of sizes too. I suppose most could be a resized from a 640x640px image, but some should probably be made to size.

For example it would be nice to have a 16x16px image that legibly said TMC for the favicon.

The sizes are no problem, but still not sure what you want. Are you looking for folks to submit ideas, or do you have the idea and just want all the sizes?

Sorta but not really. I need something that says Tesla Motors Club, not to be confused with Tesla Motors. We need a variety of sizes too. I suppose most could be a resized from a 640x640px image, but some should probably be made to size.

For example it would be nice to have a 16x16px image that legibly said TMC for the favicon.

From a branding guy... yeah, using the same logo and font-face as TM is very confusing as to who owns what, and even borders on infringing. Yet you want to be unofficially connected to them - by safe association. At the same time rebranding, particularly when you've been using an established identity (in this case since 2007 or so), is hardly ever recommended.

For TMC it might make sense in making something similar, yet not too different (keep some of the existing DNA)... but more importantly, creating a tagline that creates the strong association that is needed. Something like, "Engaging forums for owners, enthusiasts, and fans of Tesla Motors".

imho

I suppose a start would be something like this image, but expanded to be square.
View attachment 10674

I did this one and still have the PS files. Trying to get a "T" and "Tesla Motors Club" in a sqaure will look very busy if the image is small. Agai,n how it's being used is important to the layout.

Since TMC is also Tesla Motors Corp. I would not use just initials.

I'd say the club now has the "out of focus T" uniquely in our design so I would build on that for some samples.

Do they ever actually go by "Tesla Motors Corp"? All documentation I find at most says "Tesla Motors, Inc."
TMC is also Toyota Motor Corporation and an optical table company.

I think for our purposes TMC on a red background is fine for the 16x16px favicon and similarly tiny stuff.

For things like Twitter, Tapatalk, etc. we're still using that shield logo and I'd prefer to bring that stuff in line to be more consistent. If we can fit the full name, then great.

Not an entirely bad idea, but probably about five years too late. Maybe one of the umteen competing sites that come and go will steal that name. I think it's a bit late for us to go about changing ours. :)

If we went by TWC, instead of being confused with two of more car companies, we'll get letters for Time Warner Cable.