Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New England delivery party

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cinergi

Sep 17, 2010
MA
The idea of me having a party of sorts after I get my car has come up a few times. Well, I have my car now :smile:
I was originally planning today but couldn't make that work out and I've not put in the time to coordinate everything and give people enough heads-up. Therefore, I'm working on something for next weekend (20th or 21st). However in the meantime, I'm more than happy to meet people somewhere. In fact, I plan to check in with Natick and see if they all wanna play / ride in the car after work this Sunday (tomorrow, around 6pm) so I'll be around the Natick Mall, er Collection, at that point.

If you find yourself in South Boston/downtown, I'd love to meet up, and see how the Model S fits in the parking garage where I work (2 underground floors below 260 Franklin Street), its a bit tight, the Prius has no issue, but the Model S is bigger. There are spaces between elevator banks that I usually park in, probably wouldn't fit in one of those, but I only park there to be able to plug in the Plug in Prius (120V outlets nearby).

Last edited:
So I volunteered to host the event for Cinergi but we can only do it at my house in Natick after 4:30pm on Saturday or anytime on Sunday.
Politically I can't escape any earlier than 4:30pm on Saturday but a friend with a 4-car garage in Southborough has volunteered his
place if the weather isn't good.

I'm in, let me know which day either works for me, and what you'd like me to bring for refreshments/food, can't wait to see it in person.

Edit: I will be bringing Dunkin Donuts coffee and donuts, you can LMK your favorite donuts and I will try to bring them.

Last edited:
Looking like Sunday morning 10-12. How's that generally feel?
I'll take RSVP's now and will share the address that way -- just PM me. Also let me know if you're bringing your Model S.
It'll be outdoors (and probably cool so dress appropriately). And we could use help with food & drink (not too much -- I'm guessing under 10 people but will let folks know how big it'll get).

EdA: thanks for hosting the party! It was great to see/meet everyone there. Even greater to see my son step out of Troy's Model S wearing a big EV grin! (Troy's car is Founder's #31, silver performance.) He's 16yo, and (if I were willing to let him drive my MS) could be part of the first generation of drivers never to fuel up at a gas station. (But, well, no; bad odds on accidents for new drivers means he'll get my A3.)

For those who weren't able to join, we had the pleasure of seeing two Model S Performance cars of Ben (@cinergi) and Troy, Mitch672's PiP, a BMW ActiveE, and, from the ICE side of superb, a Lamborghini LP 550-2 Spyder in metallic orange (with a gorgeous CF package), and a gorgeous red sports car that, I blush to say, I didn't ID. It was my first time seeing, and being in, a Model S in motion. Wow. Just, wow. Thanks, Ben and Troy, for showing off what great cars these are!

Hi all! That was a great Model S party. Thanks for hosting it EdA! Ben and Troy brought their cars and gave rides to everyone there. A few people brought some other nice cars too. I took some pictures with my DSLR, but, like an idiot, I left the iso at 6400, so they're all really grainy :(

Attachments

• Ben's Model S 2.jpg
    Ben's Model S 2.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 203
  • Ben's Model S.jpg
    Ben's Model S.jpg
    301.1 KB · Views: 178
  • BMW Active E and Prius.jpg
    BMW Active E and Prius.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 169
  • BMW Active E.jpg
    BMW Active E.jpg