Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Delivery process in MA

Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    ...and, we can hope, a loaner HPC adapter. Or just a NEMA 14-50 for those of us with only a single charger.

Blog Entries
    By HPWC I meant the Model S version ... tho Natick got Roadster ones (I use my adapter to use them). I suspect you could still use it with a single charger, just limited to 40A. And that's based on what I saw happen in the Model S when I used it (you could see it get to 40A, pause very briefly, hear a click, and continue rising to 70 ... something along those lines) ... whatever the case may be, they have to have a way to charge your car from a servicing perspective ...
    SOLD | Roadster 2.5 #1077 | Very Orange | Forged Wheels | Electronics Package
    Model S #SSL146 / VIN #246 | Signature Red | Black Interior with CF Accents | 21" Silver Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Performance
    http://fearlessbit.com/

Saw on shipper's tracking site that my 19" winter wheels/tires were delivered today in Watertown. So I assume the center is open. Anyone knows the address?

Blog Entries
    Car's now registered in MA. I took the MOC (Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin), the MVPA (to show the sale price), the check that Tesla sent me (to cover sales tax and $125 for title & registration, funded by the money I originally wired them), and the RMV-1 form that I got from my insurance company by calling them a couple days ago. There was plenty of confusion over the actual sale price (it shouldn't have been confusing ... but her manager cleared it up); they were unable to enter 0 cylinders into the system so they entered it as 1 cylinder (really?!), and plenty of confusion over what a Tesla was I got EV plates just by asking for them (no proof of anything needed).
    I'll get the title in the mail in 4-6 weeks. And I have 7 days to get it inspected (which I'll do in a couple days since today would have been silly to get it inspected -- would lose a month)

When talking to my insurance company about the RMV-1 form, they asked for title number / title info -- just say you don't have a *title* but rather the MOC for a brand new car. Once I clarified that, the RMV-1 process went smoothly.

I have pictures of the MOC and other stuff that I'll share soon (once I redact them).

This was done at the Watertown RMV. Your best bet is to get there at like 8:30 and stand in line for the 9am opening. You'll hopefully get out of there by 11.

I then went to the Tesla Watertown service center which opened today (woot!) and got my front plate bracket installed (so I can get inspected).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Silege View Post
    Saw on shipper's tracking site that my 19" winter wheels/tires were delivered today in Watertown. So I assume the center is open. Anyone knows the address?
    457 Pleasant St. There's no markings on the building. It's a white building on a corner. I'll post pictures in a new thread shortly.
    Model S #SSL146 / VIN #246 | Signature Red | Black Interior with CF Accents | 21" Silver Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Performance

Great thanks for the update cinergi!
    Hopefully it will be my turn at the registry in two weeks...
    We should be getting a discount on the final delivery charges. Never thought I would ever be standing in line at the Registry again (last time was a long long long time ago)

Blog Entries
    RMV-1
    Name:  RMV-1.jpeg
Views: 397
Size:  548.9 KB

MCO
    Name:  MCO.jpeg
Views: 260
Size:  487.8 KB

And you'll get a check made out to the Mass DOT that you can hand directly to them.

Saw from shipper's tracking my 19" winter wheels/tires were delivered to Watertown today. Seems to indicate the Watertown service center is now open. Anyone knows the address?

that's pretty sweet Ben, congrats!

Blog Entries
    Saw from shipper's tracking my 19" winter wheels/tires were delivered to Watertown today. Seems to indicate the Watertown service center is now open. Anyone knows the address?
    It is open, yes. Please see the Watertown thread in the New England area. Plus, I gave you the address in reply to your previous message above already

From Ben's earlier post: "457 Pleasant St. There's no markings on the building. It's a white building on a corner."

Silege, are you a sig holder? If not what was your reservation number?

Thanks,
    /Ed

Thread Information