Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IMPORTANT: MA trade-in allowance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They gave you $73,600 in trade, I guess it could be worse. At least you didn't have to deal with buyers, you might have received a little more, but the effort isn't worth it, I've done it both ways in the past. That's a real crime they couldn't deduct the Roadster trade-in on the RMV-1 form. Do you think you could/would have waited until March or April, when the Watertown service center opens, and they could meet the requirements to sell in MA, if you had known about not getting the sales tax credit on the trade in?

If I'd known about it 6 weeks ago when all this started, I would have tried to sell it. I can't now because the timeline is too tight with respect to my condo (I have to get out from under the Roadster loan/payments). Hopefully my pain is everyone else's gain here :crying:

They gave you $73,600 in trade, I guess it could be worse. At least you didn't have to deal with buyers, you might have received a little more, but the effort isn't worth it, I've done it both ways in the past. That's a real crime they couldn't deduct the Roadster trade-in on the RMV-1 form. Do you think you could/would have waited until March or April, when the Watertown service center opens, and they could meet the requirements to sell in MA, if you had known about not getting the sales tax credit on the trade in?
The Watertown service center will be open before the end of the month; I was told by the service manager.