Thread: IMPORTANT: MA trade-in allowance

Blog Entries

IMPORTANT: MA trade-in allowance

Until Tesla can sell directly in MA, you will not benefit from trade-in allowance. I just found that out the hard way (to the tune of $4,600).
    SOLD | Roadster 2.5 #1077 | Very Orange | Forged Wheels | Electronics Package
    Model S #SSL146 / VIN #246 | Signature Red | Black Interior with CF Accents | 21" Silver Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Performance
    http://fearlessbit.com/

They gave you $73,600 in trade, I guess it could be worse. At least you didn't have to deal with buyers, you might have received a little more, but the effort isn't worth it, I've done it both ways in the past. That's a real crime they couldn't deduct the Roadster trade-in on the RMV-1 form. Do you think you could/would have waited until March or April, when the Watertown service center opens, and they could meet the requirements to sell in MA, if you had known about not getting the sales tax credit on the trade in?
    Model S Reservation: P10010 (July 2nd 2012), MVPA signed 12/4/2012, delivered 1/17/2013, VIN: 03245
    I support OpenEVSE: http://code.google.com/p/open-evse/

Blog Entries
    If I'd known about it 6 weeks ago when all this started, I would have tried to sell it. I can't now because the timeline is too tight with respect to my condo (I have to get out from under the Roadster loan/payments). Hopefully my pain is everyone else's gain here
    SOLD | Roadster 2.5 #1077 | Very Orange | Forged Wheels | Electronics Package
    Model S #SSL146 / VIN #246 | Signature Red | Black Interior with CF Accents | 21" Silver Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Performance
    http://fearlessbit.com/

Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch672 View Post
    They gave you $73,600 in trade, I guess it could be worse. At least you didn't have to deal with buyers, you might have received a little more, but the effort isn't worth it, I've done it both ways in the past. That's a real crime they couldn't deduct the Roadster trade-in on the RMV-1 form. Do you think you could/would have waited until March or April, when the Watertown service center opens, and they could meet the requirements to sell in MA, if you had known about not getting the sales tax credit on the trade in?
    The Watertown service center will be open before the end of the month; I was told by the service manager.

Thread Information