Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cinergi's Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

cinergi

Sep 17, 2010
MA
Live broadcast!

So, I've been working on putting together what I need to do live broadcasts using my nice Canon Vixia HF M50 ... I could use my iPhone, sure -- but wanted the better video :smile:

I'm waiting to hear back from Tesla corporate communications on whether I can live broadcast / record the delivery (since a Tesla employee would be on camera for everything he said). If I can't do that, what I'll attempt to do is record the arrival of the car and whatever else happens up until the point the Tesla individual arrives (it'll be separate -- hooray for no sales license in Mass. yet), and then do additional live broadcasts throughout the coming weeks where I do Q&A with anyone and everyone.

I'll be using Livestream for everything. You'll probably want to follow me and just check into the site ahead of time. My Livestream account: Ben Goodwin on Livestream.

My car is scheduled to be here Thursday or Friday. No idea which day or what time, so timing will be tricky. I'll post information as I get it.

-=| Ben

Hi Ben,

How will you feed you video signal onto the Livestream channel? I use a Teradek Cube.

Ad

CSBR Basketball - live streaming video powered by Livestream

I got their Livestream Broadcaster device. Includes 3 free months of their pro service, too. Figured it'd give me what I need to do the broadcast and if I really hate it, I can return it. Was thinking of getting an external encoder so I wasn't tied to Livestream but the idea of a portable device on top of the camera instead of dealing with a computer, software, etc. was intriguing ...

Cinergi, NASA uses less technology to monitor rocket launches :) about as excessive as expected though.
How long before the move to the new garage in South Boston? Did you have a 14-50 installed already?
If you find you need a charge, my 75A J-1772 OpenEVSE is done (not connected to the 100A breaker yet, but that's only a few hours to finish, I have the pipe, wire and breaker already). If you bought the dual chargers and need to test, I'm only in Randolph (15 miles South of Boston)

Cinergi, NASA uses less technology to monitor rocket launches :) about as excessive as expected though.
How long before the move to the new garage in South Boston? Did you have a 14-50 installed already?
If you find you need a charge, my 75A J-1772 OpenEVSE is done (not connected to the 100A breaker yet, but that's only a few hours to finish, I have the pipe, wire and breaker already). If you bought the dual chargers and need to test, I'm only in Randolph (15 miles South of Boston)

:smile:

I close 11/1 so moving that weekend hopefully. I'll have a 6-50 installed in prep for an HPC some day. I have two months of overlap between the new place and my current place so I'll be good for charging in case the 6-50 doesn't get installed by then. Thanks tho!

I just told my wife, or should I say my Tesla widow, the following: "You think I'm crazy, there is a guy up in Boston live-streaming his Model S delivery!". Her immediate deadpan response: "And there is another guy in Pittsburgh *watching* the livestream of the guy with the Boston Model S delivery."

Spot. On.

I just told my wife, or should I say my Tesla widow, the following: "You think I'm crazy, there is a guy up in Boston live-streaming his Model S delivery!". Her immediate deadpan response: "And there is another guy in Pittsburgh *watching* the livestream of the guy with the Boston Model S delivery."

Spot. On.

:biggrin:
nicely done.