Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Model S Canadian Deliveries

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_G View Post
    I don't think so. I'm pretty sure if anyone in Canada had received a delivery window, that fact would be posted already.
    Concerning then to see US general production orders getting delivery windows already then. Wonder what the hold up is for us Canucks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by colinb View Post
    Concerning then to see US general production orders getting delivery windows already then. Wonder what the hold up is for us Canucks.
    It would appear that Transport Canada has not yet given approval to sell here.
    Roadster #919, Model S #2006. Blog The Rules of Model S Road Tripping
    Moderator: Tesla Motors , Electric Vehicles, Media, Roadster,
    Canada, EVents and Off Topic sub-forums.

I'm wondering if they need a special Canadian software version for the subtle differences here in Canada? (Metric gauges, DRLs that can't be over-ridden and so forth). Maybe the Canadian software is not finalized yet???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mknox View Post
    I'm wondering if they need a special Canadian software version for the subtle differences here in Canada? (Metric gauges, DRLs that can't be over-ridden and so forth). Maybe the Canadian software is not finalized yet???
    Yes, there definitely are software differences. Aside from the different units, you have to lock the daytime running lights on. There are probably other things...

P135 CDN
    Yes, there definitely are software differences. Aside from the different units, you have to lock the daytime running lights on. There are probably other things...
    That should take no time at all - add a multiplier on the units and flip a boolean for the DRLs. Clearly the time consuming part is adding the letter 'u' in all the appropriate places, it is the honourable thing to do.

Model S: VIN P 3552 gg_got_a_tesla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spurkey View Post
    Clearly the time consuming part is adding the letter 'u' in all the appropriate places, it is the honourable thing to do.
    Nah... your Americanized handle "Sprkey" sounds cooler
    VIN P 3552 - 60 kWh with Supercharging, Green, Black Roof, Black Leather, Piano Black trim, Tech Package, Active Air Suspension, 19" Wheels, Firmware v5.11, 28,000+ blissful miles since January 2013!

Where does that information come from? As noted in another thread a call to TC resulted in them redirecting to the manufacturer.

Blog Entries
    So I asked George Blankenship if he could provide a quick update on Canadian Signature deliveries. He said we didn't get the email because we hadn't been contacted for delivery. He doesn't expect us to see the same sort of scheduling problems.

He also said, "Everything appears to be on track to proceed from US Sig to Canadian Sig."

So I asked George Blankenship if he could provide a quick update on Canadian Signature deliveries. He said we didn't get the email because we hadn't been contacted for delivery. He doesn't expect us to see the same sort of scheduling problems.
    Would have been a good idea for him to mention that in the original post - not just for Canadian deliveries but for all non-US countries. Not sure about others experience but so far I'm not getting any form of pro-active communication. The only thing I have been told, having reached out to the Toronto store, is that November to December is when we can expect delivery. With none of the Canadian reservation holders having been contacted I guess it will most likely be December given the expectation of being contacted 30 days prior and it being the 20th of October already. Now that US production holders are getting dates either the delivery is going to happen very quickly or we just paid for a very expensive paint job.

Blog Entries
    Given that the last US Sigs are being delivered around the end of November, I'm currently anticipating early December. Remember, the paperwork said Nov/Dec.

I'd expect the first deliveries to be in Vancouver, because (a) it's closer to Fremont and (b) SSL #1 and #2 are in the area.

Thread Information