Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Model S Canadian Deliveries

Model S Canadian Deliveries

Anyone receive a date for Canada-bound cars? I've only been given a "November - December" range. If you do have a delivery window please reply with your reservation number, range, and if you feel comfortable your config options. Perhaps we can get joefee to update his spreadsheet to add a country column too?

Blog Entries
    I don't think so. I'm pretty sure if anyone in Canada had received a delivery window, that fact would be posted already.
    Roadster #919, Model S #2006. Blog The Rules of Model S Road Tripping
    Moderator: Tesla Motors , Electric Vehicles, Media, Roadster,
    Canada, EVents and Off Topic sub-forums.

Blog Entries
    I don't recall ever reading anywhere that the homologation process was completed yet; I think many assumed it was because pricing came out but that could well be the reason there are no delivery windows in Canada yet.

Blog Entries
    I've heard that they are indeed still working on getting approval to sell in Canada.

(No, Hans, I can absolutely assure you that I didn't hear that from a Canadian Tesla employee!)

Blog Entries
    Ha! Funny!

Just to confirm, since I am SSL#2, and SSL#1, whoever they are, is not posting to the forum, I would think that I would be one of the first to hear a definitive delivery window. I have not heard anything different from anyone else so far. I also have been presuming that homologation is the hold-up. I am just hoping that the MINUTE they get approval, they will start the CAN signature production run!
    Roadster 2.0 #905 | Model S Signature Performance #2001 | Model S P85D #65512 on order for Dec 2014 delivery.
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum without expressed consent.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cinergi View Post
    I know someone posted this somewhere already (I can't find it right now) but I wanted to reinforce it because the delivery manager for the central and eastern region reconfirmed with me that all sigs will be built before any production cars.
    So (my words now), the crazy swings in sequence numbers, vins, delivery dates, etc., for sigs does NOT imply that some P cars will be produced before all sigs are produced.
    Quote Originally Posted by StephRob View Post
    "I was just informed by our management last night that the delivery windows have been shifted 1 to 2 weeks later,
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Panz View Post
    He said that once the car actually gets released from the factory and on a truck they'll call to let me know, because then we'll have a much better sense of the timing of things (should be about 10 days from the factory to the Dania store).
    So here's what we know:

• There was recently a two week delay affecting all cars
    • They are waiting on Canadian government approval (homologation)
    • They are going to build all the signatures before R's or P's are started
    • It takes 10 days to ship a Model S to Florida - probably similar for Canada (maybe a couple extra)

So to speculate on what this might mean for the first Canadian deliveries... if the approval arrives before they get to the Canadian sigs, then they will start shipping immediately. If not then they will have to store 200 cars at Fremont (at least they have the room) until they can ship them. But with the extra delays it's more likely for them to get approval on time.

Sounds to me like we're looking at early December, but maybe late November.

That certainly fits within the Nov-Dec timeline you guys were given. Hopefully homologation doesn't hold things up any later than that.

I suppose homologation could be the reason for us Canadian P's not getting contacted to finalize yet as well...
    2013 Tesla Model S P85: 12.417 @ 111.570 MPH

Performance 85kWh, custom 19" Forgestar c5fv wheels, white/black/CF, pano,sound,tech,twin chargers!

Quote Originally Posted by Doug_G View Post

So to speculate on what this might mean for the first Canadian deliveries... if the approval arrives before they get to the Canadian sigs, then they will start shipping immediately. If not then they will have to store 200 cars at Fremont (at least they have the room) until they can ship them. But with the extra delays it's more likely for them to get approval on time.

Sounds to me like we're looking at early December, but maybe late November.
    Doug,

Are you speculating that they will build 20 million dollars worth of cars before they are approved to ship them, then store them indefinetly?

Peter
    P-174 VIN P01766

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bluetinc View Post
    Doug,

Are you speculating that they will build 20 million dollars worth of cars before they are approved to ship them, then store them indefinetly?

Peter
    Not indefinitely, no, at least not intentionally. As long as they don't get totally jerked around by Transport Canada, I'd assume they'll want them shipped immediately.

My guess at a worst-case scenario is the end of the year.

Items for Sale
    Perhaps some calls to Transport Canada are in order...
    Tesla Roadster #1137 / P85 Sig traded in on a P85D #64765 in production.
    Please be advised that my comments are intended for use in this, the Tesla Motors Club forum (TMC forum), and may not be used in whole or in part by any party outside of the TMC forum without my expressed written consent.

Thread Information