Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Various Tesla syndromes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dsm363

Roadster + Sig Model S
May 17, 2009
Nevada
I can think of:

TWS (Tesla Withdrawal Syndrome): Condition where one goes on vacation leaving the Tesla at home for extended time. May or may not require driving ICE at destination causing additional stress.

TRWS (Tesla Reservation Withdrawal Syndrome): Condition where someone has grown used to always have a Tesla reservation and suddenly finds themselves with a Tesla and no reservation for the next Tesla.

Disease

Unfortunately I don't have either of those syndromes, but
I think I have these which will be replaced by the two you speak of.
any EV Doctors out there?

TTRS (Tesla Test Ride Syndrome): Condition first realized in October 2011 when fortunate reservationists were given an amazing factory tour with a ridiculously short rollercoaster ride in the S. Sufferers were left with an empty longing to drive an S, and a year or more of - still waiting. (oh, + the reality of a PERFORMANCE S!!! what?)

TTDS (Tesla Test Drive Syndrome): Condition where one test drives a Tesla and can't get the grin off their face. Stupidwalking around day(and night) thinking about the swooshy, yummy, S ass-in-seat acceleration, can't break it loose, squealing passengers...just yummy. 4 months of syndrome results in
:biggrin: still grinning

You don't know about these ailments?

TAS (Tesla Anxiety Syndrome): Condition experienced when one sees a Model S or Roadster in the wild. Common symptoms include heart palpitations, sweaty hands and/or feet, delerium, breathlessness.

TCD (Tesla Covetier Disease): An unquenchable desire to own, drive, sit in, stare at, read about, discuss and fantasize about Telsa vehicles. Other symptoms include drooling, dry mouth, obsessive compulsiveness, frequent rants, day dreaming, and penchant for Elon Musk and/or Electic Vehicles.

Tesla Motors Club Syndrome

Are you up at all hours of the night? Do your eyes hurt from extended periods of time staring at a computer or phone screen? When you type the letter W into your address bar, is Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum the first site that is suggested?

You may be suffering from Tesla Motors Club Syndrome. This common bug is usually picked up when reading posts on the official Tesla Forums. You probably clicked on a link that first exposed you to it. Sadly, there is no known cure. It will likely drive you to purchase a Tesla, but you'll find that this only aggravates your symptoms.

We may have an epidemic on our hands.

TSA - Tesla separation anxiety

The gut wrenching despair and sense of loss experienced by someone who doesn't live near a Tesla store when they leave to go home after a visit..
Other symptoms may include loss of sleep due to all night session surfing the TMC, TM forum, and internet for "new" information on the Model S, phone/email stalking of Tesla Ownership Experience Advocates, and loneliness caused when they have driven all their friends away by talking incessantly about their "S".

Only known cure - a Tesla Model S in their drive way.

TPDT: Tesla Private Drive Time. Although a potentially healthy bonding experience between owner and car, excessive TPDT can lead to emotional remoteness with family and friends, chronic lying, and excessive absenteeism from work.

I don't understand the bit about lying... everyone knows what's happening. The rest seems pretty spot on though.

I just got IBD syndrome. :scared:

It started with fussiness, trouble concentrating, stuttering and quickly the symptoms changed to restlessness, rapid breathing and restless legs.

A symptoms transitioned to melancholy, resignation and forum avoidance. I'm on the mend now. I just have to avoid the deliveries thread for a short time.

Recovery should be complete in 4-6 weeks.

IBD is the dreaded "I've Been Delayed" syndrome.

All the amazing owners stories and all the unbelievably positive reviews is giving me Tesla Patience Anxiety Syndrome (TPAS). The smart thing for me is wait to get the Gen III but all of your fantastic experiences are driving me crazy enough to consider buying an S. Which is more car than I need, nor can I really afford with all the options I would want. I think I need to take up meditation - or go climb a mountain and find balance. :)